How cold is too cold

I have teed off when its 34 and windy ended up sleeting while we were playing I will never do that again. As long as its not windy and the sun is out I will play into the 40's on special occasions or if I'm desperate to get out and play.

When the starter announced (jokingly) that a doctor was needed to treat a case of frostbite on the course, i questioned why I was playing that day. It was in the upper 40's and windy which is a bad combination. It was a goofy round but a lot of fun. As long as I dress appropriately, can still rotate my body under all those layers of clothing and the price is not too high, then I will head out to play a round.

If the snow has iced over, then I will get more roll...

Challedon is right around the corner from me! Love that place!

Challedon is right around the corner from me! Love that place!

I don't know what it's like now, but when it opened it was an incredible golf course! I loved that place too.

Agree that wind makes it worse. I'll play if the course is open, which usually means I play a handful of rounds in the low 30's. It's never that bad until you factor in the breeze. It's not really golf though. Just use it for practice, to review something, or to get out of the house.

IDK, I've broken my net par many times in single digit weather. Might be a few more partial swings, but that doesn't hurt the game much if you practice them.

I'm playing in the morning and it should be upper 30's or low 40's at tee off!

I can't answer what is to cold because I have never played into October until this year. I guess i will see what to cold is shortly though!

i have a money cart cover with a massive cart heater
winter footjoy gloves
lots of thermal underarmour longsleeves
i will play when its really cold cold... so cold you can barely talk since your lips are frozen hahaha

but... wind/ rain/ snow(ing) is a deal breaker

When they close the golf course...because its frozen.

...and bogey_russ, we save the winter underwear and gloves for when it gets cold - like -30 C (-22 F) with wind chill in the double digits.

When they close the golf course...because its frozen.

...and bogey_russ, we save the winter underwear and gloves for when it gets cold - like -30 C (-22 F) with wind chill in the double digits.
that is way out of my league... im from hawaii and 60 is parka weather... j/k

Completely depends on the wind. Dead calm in the northeast, about 40*.

10-15 mph wind, about 50*.

Heated carts in FL? People down there must have too much time or too much money ... or both. Love the dedication though.

Same here, 40-50 depending on wind

In Texas if it hits 50 people freak out.

IDK, I've broken my net par many times in single digit weather. Might be a few more partial swings, but that doesn't hurt the game much if you practice them.

In my case, the courses that stay open often use temporary greens and tees, so it's not really worth keeping a score.

I'll play pretty much as long as the course is open. I've been walking before when it started to snow a little, but nothing on the ground like what thedue posted. I will say that winter temps and rain/sleet do not mix though.

In my case, the courses that stay open often use temporary greens and tees, so it's not really worth keeping a score.

Mine keeps the greens open in the fall, so that's not an issue. In the spring we'll occasionally have a temp, so I understand not considering those real rounds.

When the hands don't fuction and temporary greens at the start of the season it's not worth it to me. At the end of the season I just wait until the course is closed

Golfing Temperature

Golfing Temperature

Do you have a certain temperature that it has to be to go golfing?

For me it is 60 degrees. I've tried going when it was colder, but I played pretty bad. From now on it has to be warm enough that I'm not constantly thinking about how cold I am.

I won't golf in the 40s, it should be at least in the mid 50s

I'll golf in the 40's if it's sunny and no wind. Otherwise 50+ is probably where I'm at.

The 50's are ok as long as the wind don't blow. Yesterday it was 52deg and sunny which was fine until the wind gusted to 20mph then it was cold. Still shot 85 with 2 birdies one of them was a tap in after I left my eagle putt just short. The driver-5 iron on the 510yd par 5 to the back of the green set it up. Should have hit the 6. lol

I will go in the 40's. Heck I've done 30's if Jarret was in town. I do want it to be in the 50's at the very least though. Below 50 and the swing is affected by the layers. I like to golf in overwhelming heat!

I've teed off in 30s, not an experience I recommend.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

40° if it isn't windy and 50° when windy.

45-98 other wise no go...

Back