how cool/cold when you start dressing like its freezing out?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I mean yesterday it was 62 to 64 degrees and I find it funny how cold people seem to get. Heavy (not light) long pants with long sleeves , vests and jackets and even full winter hats. If ya saw it from inside one would think it was like 34 degrees or something.
I happen to like cool weather and i know many people dont. We are all different I get it. But cheeeez man...in the 60's isnt dead of frozen winter. Are you really that cold when its low 60's?
Jut thought to ask when do you start piling on the heavier winter clothing and winter hats vs say just lighter weight long stuff?

Depends on the wind here in KS. If it's 30/40 and sunny, I might put on a light quarter zip. If it's windy, I'll break it out in the 50s. The hoodie doesn't come out until it's under freezing. Coat only comes out for freezing rain or snow.

I'll put a little something on when the temps get below 50 degrees.

I still change into shorts when I get home from work, so I guess less than 47 degree's for me.

Below 50 for sure. That said, last week was low 50s for our 730am tee time and I went slacks and a quarter zip.

Probably around 50 I'll toss on thermal t-shirt, below 50 means long pants, below 40 means golf season is done:cool:

Usually wind chill factors in the 30 degree range will always get me wearing more clothes.

If there is no wind, and the sun is out in the lower 40s, might signal me to go to long pants, and a hoodie.

The fewer clothes I need to wear, better.

Probably around 50 I'll toss on thermal t-shirt, below 50 means long pants, below 40 means golf season is done:cool:
This is about the same for me. But below 40 to low 30's means the courses close due to frost on the greens more than it does the temps are too low for me to enjoy playing.

Once it goes below 70, I skip the shorts and have a sweater handy. I dress in layers. Nothing bulky. If I am too warm, peel off a layer. I would rather be over dressed and take off something than to be cold and have nothing more to wear. I play down to 32 degrees.

A lot of it depends on wind and sun/clouds. I played yesterday at 62 degrees in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. But it was calm, sunny, and beautiful out. Tomorrow will be about 55 but overcast and breezy, and I'm planning on long pants, a quarter zip, and bringing another layer just in case.

I'll put on the long johns if it's below 0° and I'm planning to be outside for a couple of hours.

If it's above 20/25° I'm pretty good in a vest over a sweater, with hats and gloves and the like.

Below 60 for the day I’ll wear slacks,polo and pullover layers as needed. Above 60 shorts, polo and a pullover for cool mornings

48 degrees, winds gusting to 22mph tomorrow at Tee time. I'll have on (all synthertic)
A UA Tee
A light quarter zip long sleeve shirt. (Columbia)
A quarter zip with fleecy inside and smooth wind resistant shell. Very comfortable and stretchy, extremely warm for it's weight. (Berne)
I will have in my bag a heavier pullover I dont know how to describe...... but its still light and very warm. (Carhartt)

When I first moved to the Dallas area from Chicago, I was a smoker. I could stand outside in a short sleeve shirt and smoke a cigarette in temperatures as cold as 40°. Now, at my advanced age, if it gets below 70° I'm putting on a jacket. If it gets below 60°, I'm wearing a winter coat! :D

Yeah, it's all about the wind. It was breezy and low 60s the other day and I had taken my Nike pull over out of my bag and left it home. Had just a long sleeve shirt and there were some chilly areas.

Now, when it gets down to truly cold, I have this set up!

ITiMLge.jpg

I walk and today I will wear a 1/4 zip and slacks. Probably get rid of the zip as soon as I tee off but warming up on the range I need the jacket.

It‘s hard to judge sometimes based just on temp. If the high for the day is 65 then it could be 35 when we tee off and I’m not doing a wardrobe change at the turn, so I shoot for somewhere in the middle and just go with it. Also, 35 with full sun and no wind can feel warmer than 50 on a cloudy day with the wind blowing 20-30.

Pro Tip: When it really gets cold out, try wearing that old covid mask you have laying around. You may get some odd looks but you’ll be shocked how much warmer you’ll feel. We discovered that by accident back when covid started.

I see what you did there.

As for me, I grew up in a warmer location than where I am now. Even after 17 years, 60° and I'm putting on long pants, jumper and beanie.

It’s got to be in the 40’s before I put pants on, I’ll wear shorts up to that point. As long as my upper half is warm, then I’m good. I might wear a light pullover in the 50’s to mid 60’s depending on wind.

im supposed to play Friday. Projected low 35 with a high of 48. I’ll be breaking out the layers for sure. If it’s windy the long johns might come out.

I live in Phoenix. Down coats and Ugg boots in play below 70F. Maybe 75.

When we’re out playing and it’s around 50-60 I’m probably one of those people on the first tee bundled up. But, by the 4th hole I’m pealing off layers 🤣

It was 48 and sunny on the first tee today. No wind. Shorts and a quarter zip.

If the sun is out, and it’s over 40 and calm, I’ll wear shorts.

Exception obviously but generally
60s shorts and a 1/4 zip
50s pants and a 1/4 zip
40s and below pants, under armor and a 1/4 zip. Maybe long underwear. Maybe a winter hat

Back