How did you Land on Your Current Putter?

Odyssey Triple Track 2-ball blade : I’ve pondered a 2-ball for years and demo them all the time. I demoed this one and drained my first few putts and read all the comments about alignment help and decided I’d give it a go when I traded some irons in to get a Mavrik fairways.

I typed out something incredibly long about how I had acquired most of the 10 putters I have currently. I had been seeing all these adds and review videos for the evnroll putters. I was very intrigued, and had a lot of random amazon gift cards. So i purchased the ER5 because I love the winged back look and being able to pick my ball up like I could with the odyssey oworks 7...but when I got it i couldn't pick the ball up the same and I was noticing I was having to hit the ball harder on most putts to gather the same results...very frustrating but it was a new putter and I would work on it. A buddy and I played 18 after I was at work all night. After the round he said hey I'm running to golf galaxy to get fitted for a new driver do you want to tag along. I'm sleep deprived but sure. We are there for a bit and I wander to putters. I always just start randomly grabbing putters at different heights and shapes to see if something ever jumps out at me. I had been playing 35 inch putters because that's what they recommended in the stores and google searches for my height. But I just by chance picked up a 33.5 inch ping sigma 2 tyne. Before even hitting a ball it was the best feeling most natural putter I'd ever held. I've since tried the same putter in different lengths at other times and it just isn't the same. So hitting a few balls I thought it was perfect...I just had to take a day or two to talk myself into buying a second brand new putter in less than 3 months.

Bought here today from @fairwaynut I blame him.
a beautiful Bettinardi that I can’t wait to put into play.
let’s see....
Ping Eye 2
Scotty X5 dual balance
Edel torque balance E2
Odyssey Red 7
Now a Bettinardi

my wife thinks I have a problem.... I might

Bought here today from @fairwaynut I blame him.
a beautiful Bettinardi that I can’t wait to put into play.
let’s see....
Ping Eye 2
Scotty X5 dual balance
Edel torque balance E2
Odyssey Red 7
Now a Bettinardi

my wife thinks I have a problem.... I might

Suggestion, just tell her you like to have beautiful things in your life with her. I'm keeping my door locked for the near future just in case some wild eyed lady from New Jersey comes looking for me. :laughing:

Oh played #9 and I found one on Craigslist 11 years ago for $100

Spent 4 Saturdays at PGA Tour Superstore trying everything they had with no judgments or preconceived notions of what I was going to purchase. Week 1 I hit everything and narrowed it down to 5 putters, week 2 cut down to 2, week 3 cut down to one, final week tried every size of the one I selected and walked out that day with a 34" Odyssey.

I wasn't happy with my putter last year and @j_sizzle9 sent me one he wasn't using.

I had been wanting a two-way putter for a while and all I could find at the time were used Bullseye style and didn't care for that shape. Came across one from SeeMore and liked it much better. Birthday was approaching so I went on the website and built what I wanted on my wife's laptop and added to cart and left it on the screen. She took the hint and ordered it for me.

I always go and roll putters at any golf shop I go into. Sometimes I fall in love with a new girl and bring her home even though it might make my current flame jealous. With the quarantine I have taken to online dating. I recently brought a new girl home mail order through the CPO 40% off sale. I don’t think she is going to kick the current girl out of the bag though.

I've been fit and now buy based on the toe hang I was fit for and then adjust loft and lie if necessary. I don't have or use just one though.

I actually won my current putter from Indi Golf. I was able to pick between two styles as well as the length, grip and finish. I really didn't really think that it would become my gamer, but it has not left the bag since I put it in. It is a great putter.

I was still gaming the 30+ year old blade I used as a kid. I asked a question on the THP putting banter thread. Canadan said EXO. people were gushing about #7 shapes...I eventually when to the PHA store, picked up a SL EXO #7. it felt amazing. I was distance control was steller. I forced myself so spend an hour walking around rolling nearly every putter type they had out on display. But whenever I went back to the EXO #7, I was money. I hit 2 of three 30 footers and ran to go buy one.

It's been several years since I've bought a putter. The one I use now I bought because I fell for the hype I guess...

All of my previous putters (3 in total) were blade style. There was something I just didn't like about them... reading up on my current putter I thought I needed a bit more mass than a blade afforded me... and the c-grooves supposed ability to start the ball rolling sooner and avoid skiping and skidding, I thought I needed it. So I bought it. I like it but it's not something I would give my life to protect. I wouldn't run into a burning building to save it.

I don't make birdies but my putts do get closer to the hole so that's a positive... but I miss a lot on one putt attempts... I'll usually get the ball in the hole in 2 tries. Or 3. Or 4. Or 5. Or when I just give up on that hole and card double bogey.:ROFLMAO:

After MyGolfSpy's review in 2018 I took a look at the Tommy Armour Impact #3, which tied for best putter. It has been in my bag ever since.

Gamed an Odyssey Rossie 2 Dual Force for a couple of decades. Was not making very many putts, so I went on a Putter Quest. Found a SeeMore FGP in a used bin, and tried it for a while, just wasn't right for me. then, I was in Golf Galaxy one time, just wandering, and saw an Odyssey White Hot FG #9 for a nice price, so I bought it. It stayed at home for a couple of seasons because I couldn't bond with it. Then one day, I took both the older and newer putters to the practice green, and decided I had to make a choice. Rolled them both for an hour or so, and the #9 won out. Pretty boring stuff.

I like to tinker and try out different models so I can't say I really landed in a putter. It seems like I basically spin a wheel before my round to decide which putter to use.

Chose current putter (Frontline Elevado) due in large part to rave reviews from @Jman, @Tenputt, and other THPers. I putt my best with a face-balanced mallet, and the only mallet shape I really like is the "Seven" shape. In my mind, the Elevado is the most appealing version of that shape. Haven't been able to get on a course yet this year, but I've really enjoyed rolling it on practice greens and my PuttOut matt so far.

Last edited:
whats everyone eyeing right now? I think brand wise the Evnroll is the one intriguing me the most currently.

whats everyone eyeing right now? I think brand wise the Evnroll is the one intriguing me the most currently.
Out of the brands I don't currently own my next putter will definitely be a Seemore. Everytime I am at a shop and roll one I wonder why I don't game one. They fit my eye so well and the feel on them is great.

I went to a thp event for cure putters. Absolutely love the putter. It would take a lot for me to get rid of it. Might be ugly. Might sound funny. But i putt well with it. 3 putts are very rare. While my line may be off, my putter hits my line 99% of the time. Thats why it would take a lot to switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chose current putter (Frontline Elevado) in large part to rave reviews from @Jman, @Tenputt, and other THPers. I putt my best with a face-balanced mallet, and the only mallet shape I really like is the "Seven" shape. In my mind, the Elevado is the most appealing version of that shape. Haven't been able to get on a course yet this year, but I've really enjoyed rolling it on practice greens and my PuttOut matt so far.
It out 7’s the 7.

A friend of mine had a Byron Morgan putter that I tried out and "borrowed" it for a good 6 months. I place my order and voila now I have my Byron Beauty. It did go in for refinishing earlier this year and was replaced by a Scotty C&C so I turned my Byron into a 33" putter and have fallen in love all over again.

Ok, the short version of a long story on this...

I won a trip to the TMAG Kingdom here on THP in 2011.
At the trip, I met the putter rep and we hit it off very well.
He told me about them coming out with a Ghost version like the Monza Spider I was already gaming.
It was not public yet, but they sent me one to test and review. Once the embargo was over, I posted the review on THP.
I have tested and reviewed several putters since then, but none of them fit my eye or swing like the original Ghost Spider. That putter is still in my bag today.

Out of the brands I don't currently own my next putter will definitely be a Seemore. Everytime I am at a shop and roll one I wonder why I don't game one. They fit my eye so well and the feel on them is great.
Yeah the Seemore are nice. I've rolled and like the new mizuno too.

...so tried the evnroll with the gravity grip in black today...I’m in trouble.

Back