How do you arrange your clubs in your 5-way bag

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you arrange it differently for walking or riding? I have always had my longer clubs in the back if you're looking at the bag from the front but have seen others with the exact opposite. Is there a right or wrong way?

Do you arrange it differently for walking or riding? I have always had my longer clubs in the back if you're looking at the bag from the front but have seen others with the exact opposite. Is there a right or wrong way?

I do it the same as you. Long in the back, wedges up front with putter.

It makes sense to me, seemed a little off on the pull cart though

When you say long in the back, are you referring to the placement on the back of a riding golf cart? In other words the back is near the ball pocket it?

ive seen bags on carts with woods and putter in front, i think to myself every time how the hell do you see the clubs behind that mess? it makes no sense. long in back, short in front. kind of like a mullet!

I think woods in the back and wedges up front makes sense for walking, but not so much for riding. Not sure I'd go thru the effort to switch them on the off chance I rode one day.

yep, longer in the back, wedges and putter to the front

I have my driver, fw, and 2 hybrids in the back, big pocket. I have my 26* hybrid, 6-7 irons mid left pocket, 8-pw mid right pocket, 50-58 wedge, bottom right pocket, putter bottom left pocket. I don’t change positions if I walk or ride. Also, I wish every bag had a putter well!

yep, longer in the back, wedges and putter to the front
Having 4 wedges in the bag I have found that the putter doesn't like to go in so I have moved my putter to go next to my driver as it was the only club in that slot before. Seemed a bit weird at first but it works for me now.

If i am walking i keep the long clubs front side, so when the bag is on the stand legs the driver is on the bottom. That way i don't have to dig under the long clubs to grab a wedge. And when i am riding i do it the opposite, drier in the back. Just visual preference for me.

Mine are arranged to prevent bag chatter. Woods up top, wedges and putter at the bottom.

long clubs in the back but on a riding cart, I put my driver up by my putter....otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to get out of the bag.

Newbie question, when walking, do you put your headcovers back on after every shot?

Five-way bags don't have a putter well.
My bags pretty much let me know where the putter is supposed to go.
Takes thinking out of the equation!

Definitely Driver and fwy woods in back and wedges up front with hybrids and irons in the middle. I have the putter in back with the woods. This works whether carrying, in cart or on push cart. Mine has 4 dividers.

Newbie question, when walking, do you put your headcovers back on after every shot?

When I remove a headcover, it goes into a pocket for the rest of the round.
They go back on the clubs after the round is over.

That being said, I admit to not seeing a lot of the guys doing that.

Woods in the back, long/mid irons on 1 side, short irons/set wedge in the other, wedges in 1 and the putter in its own seperate pocket.

24882435-A3AB-4178-B5A5-409CE8067E01.jpeg

Like others, long in back moving to shorter toward the front.

Interesting. I'm the opposite but I can see how that works if using a stand bag and carrying though. On a push cart or regular cart seems like it would be hard to get to the irons

I keep the set up the same walking or riding. After 28 years it looks odd if I didn't have it this way.

Back