How do you come back from a bad round?

I posted yesterday about the bad rounds I just had. Played today, and while I didn't score particularly well, I hit the ball sooo much better. I did it by hitting balls into my backyard net. I discovered I started sliding on my downswing which led to very inconsistent ball striking. Little things creep into your swing that just throws everything off. My confidence in just being able to swing and strike a ball well is back. I had a lot more fun today.

A bad round after a series of good rounds is an indication that the game is returning to normal.

I just tell myself that I've played well before and i'll play well again. Considering the slump I'm in, maybe I need to find a new inspirational thought! :oops:

Then, I break down whatever I think caused my poor play and work on it. Grip, aim stance ...go through all my fundamentals...blah blah

Lately, I've been able to get off to good starts but just haven't been able to finish off what should be decent rounds of golf. Usually finishing reasonably well hasn't been an issue for me, but golf has a way of always challenging you(me) in different ways from time to time

Back