Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Griddle

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • However they do it at my favorite breakfast restaurant

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters
Oven, but I hadn't thought of the air fryer. Need to give that a try. My sister takes 3 slices cut in half and basket weaves them, then puts them in the oven. They come out the perfect size to cover a slice of bread for a sandwich.

How much clean up is there with an air fryer?

Oven, large pan on parchment paper. Easy cleanup and get nice and crispy and find don’t shrink too much.

Normally skillet but do go oven from time to time.

I only cook 2 slices at a time so I use a skillet. I then cook my eggs in the bacon grease

I added brown sugar to a batch of bacon cooked in the over this morning per the suggestion of @mulegolf. Man was it good! I won’t likely do that every time because I ended up eating way too much since it was so good! For an every now and the treat, I will definitely remember this.

I just made some bacon in the skillet, yum. Oh and pancakes

I’ve never not used a frying pan.

For you oven guys, what temperature and for how long?

We make a lot of bacon at my house as my kids love it. We cook bacon in the oven in aluminum foil lined baking pans. This way really cuts down on the grease mess and allows us to make it just the way each kid likes: “soft bacon” for the daughter and crispy for the boy.

How do you cook bacon in your house?
In the over on a baking rack. It will come out as the most perfectly, crispy bacon youve ever had in your entire life.

I cook mine in pyrex in the oven covered with aluminum foil but I'm going to try some in my air fryer...

stovetop in a nonstick pan

I added brown sugar to a batch of bacon cooked in the over this morning per the suggestion of @mulegolf. Man was it good! I won’t likely do that every time because I ended up eating way too much since it was so good! For an every now and the treat, I will definitely remember this.

My wife said she saw that on The Food Channel on TV. It was on a show featuring kids and a little girl was doing it.

Griddle for me

Wife just made some in the new air fryer, came out perfect and much easier.

Skillet (preferably seasoned cast iron) on the stove..... only way to do it !

cast iron skillet on a campfire if possible.

On a gas BBQ slathered in BBQ sauce

Skillet on the stove top most of the time.

Cast iron skillet on medium-low heat.
Lately oven every time. It's the easiest method to get it exactly right. That's how the restaurant I worked at for 6 years did it. They baked it then stored it in a heated drawer. If someone wanted extra crispy they dropped it in the deep fryer for a minute.

What temperature? For how long?

Note: this is the best thread ever.

350 for 15 minutes or so depending on how crispy you like it.
°325 for about 15 minutes or until desired crispness.
This is why I cook bacon in the air fryer as it only takes about 10 minutes (when I want bacon, I don't want to wait for it). Also, my oven is old and takes about 15 minutes just to pre-heat. I can't imagine waiting 30 minutes for my bacon lol.

Cast iron skillet on medium-low heat.

What temperature? For how long?

Note: this is the best thread ever.
We have convection. I use 400 in it. I would use 425 or so in a conventional oven. Usually 10 minutes or so. I just keep an eye on it till it gets the way I like it. After removing I put it on a plate with some paper towels to soak up grease for a few minutes and then eat it.

Back