How do YOU cultivate active THP'ers?

Try living at the end of the world and 2 decades behind on technology, half the people I golf with still have AOL email addresses. 🙄

I tell people about THP all the time. Not sure anyone has taken it up. BUt I find it to be the best forum or group I've ever been a member of. My list of Richards on here is really short. Like 2 people short. That's pretty nuts for a forum this size.

This is a tough one.. I talk to some friends about this forum and I am almost openly mocked. Not because of the forum but because they think it is silly to talk golf online with dozens or more people I have never met and in many cases will probably never meet.

I think it is fun. I enjoy the diversity in location, experience, and personality. Others like a smaller bubble I guess.

Some people are forum rats, others are not. It's that easy. I understand THP is more than just this forum, but the forum is a large part of it.

This is the answer. If people are active on another board you might get them here. It is also difficult to be fully engaged in multiple boards. For example if you are super active on The Refuge then it might be hard to be really active here.

I have a monogrammed THP bag from the Titleist event that will usually get a question or two about where I will tell them about the forum but I think the only person who ever joined because of me was to send me a message and let me know I left something expensive at the out of town driving range I was at. @KY Golfer and @Putterbutter saw it and texted me. That was pretty cool.

I think like most social media forums it either clicks with you or it doesn't

The things I really appreciate about this forum (compared to others) are that there's a significant interest in giving back to each other and to those in need. That is a calm place to enjoy the game and talk about that without it devolving into politics, conflicts, or people acting superior bc of their handicap number. Everyone is welcome and able to participate.

That's why I enjoy hanging out and talking here

I talk about THP with my golf buddies, but none of them are forum/social media users. Even if they did sign up, I'm sure they'd just be lurkers who visited once in a while and never posted anything.

I have gotten 3 friends to sign up and 2 friends that want to but haven't. Of the 3 who signed up 1 posts sometimes, 1 looks at the marketplace, and the other doesn't check very often at all. I think only 1 has bought an albatross club membership.

Back