How do YOU eat your bagel?

How do YOU eat your bagel?

• 1. bottom half first, top half second

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 2. left side half, right side half (like a sandwich)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • 3. top half first, bottom half second

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • 4. however it comes out of the wrapper

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • 5. bottom, top, bottom, top (or vice versa)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • 6. other (this could be interesting...)

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For some reason this question has been floating around in my head for the last couple of days, so I need to know - bagels are sliced in half horizontally before being toasted, and then they are sliced vertically to end up with four individual pieces. We'll call the "top" half the rounded side with the topping and the "bottom" side the flat side.

If you enjoy your bagel with cream cheese, I suspect that you would eat it "sandwich style" where you have one top piece and one bottom piece together as it's cleaner that way. Or do you do it English-muffin style where you eat the top half as one and then the bottom half. Maybe you just do it in quarters like it's cut. Maybe you don't care and take whichever pieces comes out of the wrapper.

Hopefully now that I've taken the time to create the poll I'll sleep better tonight. Maybe I'll have a bagel for breakfast tomorrow...

Top then bottom unless there's toppings in the middle making it a sammich.

Almost always with Cream Cheese.
Bottom Half first, Top Half Last.
Unless Tim Hortons, then it is whatever side I grab, eaten like a sandwich.

I miss my youth of the local bagel shop. Uncut bagel. Loads of cream cheese on top. Tear it apart and dip back into the top cream cheese if I wanted more.

Top half first as generally I get it with cream cheese, so the top half gets less and the bottom becomes a real treat.
Or, when I really splurge and have smoked salmon with it, this shows up in an even bigger way since Montreal bagels are generally pretty slender up top.

Butter AND cream cheese - bottom half first, top half second. I usually eat jalapeño cheddar, onion or "everything" bagels where all the "good stuff" is on the top half, so I save the best for last.

Like a chewy NY bagel with cream cheese and lox eat it whole like a sandwich. Generally don't like the crunch of toasted bagels. Rays NY frozen bagels are good and you bake them whole rather than toasting them. Take a little longer but come out with a little crust and a soft chewy center. If I do eat them separately I eat the bottom first then top. Occasionally peanut butter and Nutella.

Cut in half, toasted, with peanut butter because cream cheese is gross. I don’t really pay attention to what half I eat first.

Unless it’s a sandwich type...like sausage, egg and cheese on a bagel.

Top then the bottom... with cream cheese of some sort.

Well depends on if it's a sandwich or just like with cream cheese.. bottom then top was my vote, gotta leave the poppy/sea salt/goodies for the end

Always with cream cheese and always like a sandwich.

Sesame Bagel - Plain Cream Cheese
Everything Bagel - Bacon Egg and Cheese

For the Cream Cheese Bagel, Top then Bottom
For the Bacon Egg and Cheese, Like a Sandwich (Obviously)

Bodo’s salt bagel with veggie cream cheese.

Mmmm........

I cast my vote but it's not that simple. If I make a bagel at home, I do bottom half first, top half second. But if I get a bagel from a bagel place, they always cut it like a sandwich, in which case I would each one sandwich style half at a time.

Toasted with cream cheese but I don't know if it is the top or bottom first.

Toasted, with butter, surrounding a couple slices of Taylor ham.

is it spread, cream cheese or shmear? thats the question....

Fruited cream cheese, honey or plain!?

i voted for however it comes out of the wrapper...but if i am making it then i go bottom then top. the top is always better so i save that for the end. and it's an onion bagel with cream cheese and jelly....sweet and savory

Usually toasted with cream cheese. Top half first. Always eat the good part first that way if for some reason there is an interruption during the meal at least I had the best part before it cools etc. no matter what.

I voted for 6 because I have never given preference to the order in which I eat a bagel, but am also completely unaware that you can get a bagel in a wrapper...🤷‍♂️

I just eat whatever side is closest to my mouth. I never really thought about it before.

With cream cheese. Bottom half first, then top

Back