How do you get your golf fix mid-winter?

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
indoor lessons and practicing drills. Lots of practice putting too.... this year ive been able to play quite a bit of golf over the winter. Love global warming!

bstone21

Reaction score
Handicap
Haven't played since November but plan on hitting an indoor simulator this week. Anyone know of any good ones in the Detroit area?

avmech

Reaction score
Have not been out on the course since mid October. Have been hitting the driving/practice putt/chipping ranges and taking lessons.

Yea I know....................I live in Florida, why am I not on the course.........................

Kobey

I'm a French model
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Spend time on here and buy golf stuff. And cry a lot when I read about people playing year round.

v.man

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
W.I.P.
I still manage to average playing two to three times a week here. But, when the weather gets bad for more than four of five days I get a little stir crazy. Last week it rained almost every day, so I spent more time on THP than usual. When I feel the need, I go down to my local PGA Superstore and fondle the hardware.

But, I lived for years in Michigan, so I can relate to what you're going through.

Charles D

Reaction score
Handicap
Weather's been decent in Maryland this year. I've been able to play at least a few time a month since Oct. I don't mind the cold that much, but the wind almost makes it unbearable.

texasgolfer

In The Hole!
Reaction score
Handicap
the golf season never ends in Texas.

bumpnrun

Reaction score
Handicap
Slogged around in the mud yesterday. Tough to hit it cleanly when you sink 1/2" durring your swing. I also hit practice balls off the wall in my office while I make calls.

ogiebogie

Reaction score
Handicap
We havent had much snow lay around yet this winter so i go out back and pound about 150 balls a day just to keep the swing from getting messed up

texasgolfer

In The Hole!
Reaction score
Handicap
Dont rub it in lol
I don't know what I would do if I lived in an area where I had to put the clubs away for months at a time. I think it would drive me insane.

Thankfully I live here in Texas :banana:

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Its been just a tad bit silly here in Virginia. Playing tomorrow afternoon and its supposed to be 60* and 66* Wednesday. If it was the usual 30* I would watch golf channel and surf on THP, hit up GG or GS and ponder.

Dogman

Re-load
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 9.9
Even though it's been pretty cold, we've not had much snow here in Idaho this year, so I've only missed 2 days golfing the whole month of Jan. If we can stomach the wind and near freezing conditions, we can usually get out. Some Winters, this would not be the case. Odd year this year, so I haven't played as much X-Box....:D

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
Just when I thought I had at least gotten over the "i want to buy a bunch of golf stuff now" winter bug, my uncle calls me to let me know he just bought a new driver. Sometimes, it's like an alcoholic hanging out in a bar, the temptation is just too big.

~Rock

imscottr

I Like Show Tunes!
Reaction score
Handicap
The winter here in Ohio hasn't been too bad this year. Albeit, it's still bad enough to keep a brother from hitting the links. So, in the interim, I have a sheet hung in my basement to hit the Almost Golf balls into. It's not ideal, but it keeps the swing loose.

Perkins Rooster

Reaction score
Handicap
10.1 RCGA
I have a great golf dome. Plus putting in living room.

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
I use THP and the range. I use the winter time to really work on my swing mechanics and different aspects of my game.

dmccrum1

Reaction score
Handicap
I spend a lot of time at the range, there are a couple nearby. I've found it to be a good time for lessons also.

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.5
I play on an indoor golf league every Tuesday night during the winter.

CarstenBF

Reaction score
Handicap
Visit the sister in the Abu Dhabi. Flying back tonight (to Denmark, brrr). Went all in and did 9 holes in the morning, then a nice brunch followed by a 3h range session. Finished off with 18 holes in the afternoon. My fingers are blistered, and I'm sure my legs won't appreciate it on the flight back!

Should be enough to see me through winter without getting too depressed I hope. :D

krank78

Reaction score
Handicap
oob 4.4
here in ky when it gets to cold to play golf in the winter and the snow starts flying. we buy yellow balls, put propane heaters in the carts, and play anyway.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Im not really sure what I would do if I couldnt play golf during the middle of winter. I am a huge fan of my Christmas-Eve golf with the Family. We have been doing it for years now and it has become quite the tradition for us.

joshn08

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh the joy's of living in Florida

Almost every Christmas there is snow on the ground and around 40* (usually colder) here in Colorado. That's the one thing I miss about living in Houston. Year round golf in at least 50* weather or more.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Having an indoor facility keeps me sane. That said, I've played outside every month since March 2011. Had to go out in the low 30's a few times, but it's worth it.

Posted via tapatalk.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Lessons lessons lessons. I have told all family members that for Christmas all I want is Golftec lessons. It's time to figure this thing out once and for all.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in