How do you golf lesson?

How often do you get golf lessons?

• Never - homegrown and self-taught

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Regularly - always looking to improve

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Occasionally just to check in

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Emergency only - help, my swing has fallen and it can’t get up!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I started taking lessons this year for the first time. I have completed nine lessons and I think my swing has definitely improved, but my score has not. I have learned enough from the lessons and YouTube that I can now start to self diagnose some of the swing issues I am having. Due to various life events this summer I wont be taking any more lessons, but will probably pick them back up in the fall/ winter.

I have been in lesson's for awhile now. I take a lesson every Friday. I like going to my lessons as it keeps me more on track of doing things correctly. I use to just go to the range and repeat doing it wrong. It is a commitment for sure but my instructor does a great job for me. He is gone for the next two months fishing though lol. I also will take on course lessons from a different instructor. They both compliment each other well. I love the on course lessons the most and will be out tomorrow with her. We will work different situations and she talks with me about my plan for each shot. Learning is fun and my progression is getting better. Sometimes there are times when i feel i am going backwards with the swing but then what we have been working on clicks.

I voted regularly even though I'll typically go a month or two in-between lessons.

Golf lessons are like dating, the idea is to schedule the next one. I worked with a pro once that used to give people two choices. You could learn little tweaks to help what you have or try and rebuild to a text book swing.

Pretty fair way to go. You might not look pretty, but at least you can get things going in a little better direction.

Never had a lesson. Maybe that's why my game is so poor... that, and I don't practice. And I only play every few weeks or so. Maybe I need to show more commitment.

Between slow motion phone cameras and the internet I don’t know why people bother.

I had one lesson and Ben Hogan’s book.

And for the youngsters, Ben Hogan was a pro golfer.

And books are a bunch of paper bound together where you could learn things.

🤣🤣

Back