How do you hide your major golf purchases from spouse/significant other?

No reason to hide it. She has her money, I have mine And we have bill money. Once the bills are paid, I don't care what she buys, I don't care what she buys. 🤷‍♂️ It doesn't work for everyone but it works for us.

Once the bills are paid, I don't care what she buys, I don't care what she buys.

Where do your purchases fit in there? o_O:eek:

My job is very largely salary based but I do get a year end profit sharing plan somewhere in the low 5 figures each year. I cash this check at the bank rather than direct depositing this. The vast majority goes into our account but I pretty much always have a "golf equipment deduct" before I deposit the remainder.

I lie and tell her it’s for @mancest .

interesting strategy... seems like more questions might come up....

“You are spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars buying things for your fat bearded internet friend that chose the moniker mancest????? Let’s just get divorced, I take everything, Tim and end this charade.”

I am interested to read the number of folks that have separate accounts between the spouses. We just have never done it that way - 1 pot of money that we both contribute to and draw from.
We have separate accounts. We lived together for a long time before we got married and always had separate accounts then, and after we got married we just figured it works so well that we'll leave it that way. I'm the breadwinner, so I pay the bills every month and transfer her discretionary money into her account, mine stays in mine. I don't ask what she spends hers on, she doesn't ask what I spend mine on.

We have separate accounts. We lived together for a long time before we got married and always had separate accounts then, and after we got married we just figured it works so well that we'll leave it that way. I'm the breadwinner, so I pay the bills every month and transfer her discretionary money into her account, mine stays in mine. I don't ask what she spends hers on, she doesn't ask what I spend mine on.
I definitely get it - - looks like I am in the minority.

For us, we both work. I do all the bills and track the accounts. She occasionally peeks and asks "how we doin?" but certainly doesn't do an audit. If she kept the books, I would probably ask more questions :)

Nope. She handles the fianaces & we have a joint account that we both put into for bills, vacation etc. Then we both have separate accounts for us to do as we please. She knows the extra money I make from a side job doing concert security is my golf money.

I don’t hide anything. My wife understands golf is a passion and that I will make sure all the house responsibilities are taken care of before I spend any money on golf. So no permission needed and she doesn’t need my permission for her spending. Full transparency on both sides.

I never hide it. We usually poke fun at each other about it tho.

She might say why do you need 4 of these and I might say , I dunno why do you need 15 purses... :ROFLMAO:

I don’t hide anything. My wife understands golf is a passion and that I will make sure all the house responsibilities are taken care of before I spend any money on golf. So no permission needed and she doesn’t need my permission for her spending. Full transparency on both sides.
Then why are you still sending all your new purchases to my house asking me to send to you so you can say, "Look what Nate just sent me!!!"

She knows everything I buy. I'm so excited when I buy things, she's the first person I let know. She may roll her eyes at me sometimes but no reason to hide my passion for this stuff :)

I ask, she says maybe, then I ask again a couple of weeks later. As a 1 income family for the last 10 years, we have other things that take priority.

I'm glad this is a thread title that I can't relate to

I don't hide anything, but we have budgeted spending money that comes out of our paychecks. Her spending money is hers and mine is mine. No questions asked. Dishonesty and good marriages don't mix.
This is actually what my wife and I do. We get a small stipend for our own spending. Free to waste it on whatever we want. Inevitably I save mine. Convid hasn't been good just because I wiped my whole years of savings with ebay and used putters.

Then why are you still sending all your new purchases to my house asking me to send to you so you can say, "Look what Nate just sent me!!!"
Trust the process Nate!

This is actually what my wife and I do. We get a small stipend for our own spending. Free to waste it on whatever we want. Inevitably I save mine. Convid hasn't been good just because I wiped my whole years of savings with ebay and used putters.
😂 I have bought 4 different clubs off eBay during quarantine.

Hide absolutely nothing, she usually encourages me to buy it or will do it herself.

I tend to not talk about (hide) small purchases, like grips, tees and gloves. If it is a club or more expenses balls, I will bring it up and just charge it.

I don't hide anything from my wife. I just don't say anything when I make golf purchases. :D

She's not stupid though. She notices the changes in the bag.

I don't try to hide anything. Not worth the hassle.

She is always in the loop prior to any large ticket item, but never really cares. She knows that I have my priorities straight and would never spend money we don't have, or money we need for something else.

Easy my neighbor across the street gets all my CPO packages. Even his wife knows too. It’s funny cause he’s a scratch player and she see CPO boxes at their house. In the end my wife knows but it’s neighborhood entertainment.

The conversation goes like this.....
Another golf club box ???? Really ??

me: but honey I’m part of TEEm TourEdge. I have to test this club.

her: yeeeeeah right

I have a company provided Visa card for work (I’m in sales) where our manufacturer will bonus us and pay us our survey money on when certain metrics are met. This is kept very low key and acts as the “bar card” for most.
:LOL::LOL:

Back