Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Neutral

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Strong

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Weak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Played interlocking for years until I hurt my ring finger on my right hand and switched to overlapping about 25 years ago.

I have picked Interlock/Strong, but that is generally my normal grip. I have, over a looooong time, adjusted it for various different situations. A bit weak for a cut/fade and stronger for a stronger draw when needed.

I’m going to be very interested in seeing what the percentages are after a high number of responses. (Already pretty amazed at the variety and numbers in each)

Whoa I can't believe there is that many baseball, I thought I was alone on an island with that grip.

I've been all three strong at various points in time. Started off interlocking, then I went to overlapping. That lasted until I jambed my right pinkie and it hurt to swing that way, so I switched to baseball and have been using it ever since. I don't think I'll change at this point as it's working for me.

I clicked "neutral" because mine's not as weak as the textbook definition of "weak" grip. But I've got to say everyone I play with seems to have grips ranging from slightly stronger than mine to just ridiculously strong (to my eyes). I'll bet not more than one in ten or twenty amateur golfers have textbook "weak" grips.

I actually fight the urge to rotate my bottom hand into a stronger position. It feels so good and powerful to get it underneath the club but it's a disaster for my swing. Probably because my body rotation is a little less than it should be which to my understanding is a bad combination with a strong grip. I dunno, it just works better to have both my hands in an equally "neutral" position.

Back