Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Neutral

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Strong

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Ten-finger/Baseball - Weak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ten finger. Left hand neutral, right slightly strong.

Overlap & my Golftec coach says I mimic Hogan grip perfectly except I don't use "the short thumb"
Edit to add: thats where it all ends.. Lol.. Stance, backswing, & downswing all needs work.

Overlap. Neutral to weak (if I must not go left).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Interlock neutral. That's just the grip I used growing up and what feels most comfortable for me.

With my hands? It's my own grip that I came up with YEARS ago after I broke my hand. It hurt to hold it traditionally so I invented my own.

So far:
37 - Overlapping/Vardon
25 - Interlocking
6 - Ten-finger/Baseball

37 - Neutral
29 - Strong
2 - Weak

Interlock grip for me, bordering on strong and neutral.

Started with interlock and now I use the 10 finger grip. I tried going back to interlock but the 10 finger grip just works for me as long as I'm not tensed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Overlap & strong.

I started with interlock but was gripping incorrectly which put my right hand almost underneath the grip. I moved to overlap and haven't looked back since.

Every now and then I'll try an interlocking grip but I find it uncomfortable, 99.999% time is a 10 finger grip.

I'm a baseball grip

Interlocking neutral. If I strengthen the grip I get a pretty consistent draw. I worked on a weak grip yesterday to see if I could fade it but really can't get enough of a fade to do anything with it though.

Interlocking, neutral left hand and depending on club neutral or slightly weak with right hand.

Interesting to see the spread!

Reading another thread earlier today got me wondering what the average breakdown was of grip style. A quick search, and up comes this poll!

Reviving this one since there are plenty of new THP'ers (myself included) since this thread was originally posted.

I grip neutral overlap.

Neutral interlock. Used to be strong interlock, but then my miss became a hook so I had to back it off a bit.

Overlap grip varying strong on the driver, more neutral on all other clubs.

I voted the Vardon neutral grip. My Vadon Vs point direct at my sternum. Center of my chest.

I'd also recommend after a grip has been decided on, to tune the club face (open, or closed) at address to help that chosen grip work better.

Interlocking strong left hand but my right hand doesn't grip the club correctly thumb is on the side of the club. Been trying to correct but it feels so different and old habits are hard to kick

Interlocking neutral for me. My buddy taught me that many years ago and I've stuck with it. I went to a strong grip for a while, but a swing change last year brought me a bit too much to the inside, which coupled with a strong grip sent me waaaay left. I have a nice neutral grip now with a slightly open stance.

Strong baseball grip, have tried switching but lose all semblance of control and power.

I'll probably neutralize it once I have solidified my swing changes.

great thread

Though interlocking and V's get the headlines, I believe the grip pressure of the lead hand vs trail hand and how the club fits into the fingers is as important or more then V's.

It may be that because of hand sizes and natural tendencies that no ideal model exists. My trail hand is very powerful and seeks to take over every swing I have from Putter to Driver at any time.

Back