How do you like your burger?

OITW

Reaction score
Just had a really good burger from one of our favorite neighborhood joints.

They cook them perfectly and the meat is good quality so I trust them to do my medium/medium rare preference.

Places I’m not familiar with and not ? confident in their meat i go with Medium/Medium Well

So how do you like your burger THP?

Cooked!!!!
Medium is fine, smothered in melted cheese. Don't grill the bun.

Medium rare with lettuce tomatoes onion and pickles

Ideally, exactly medium, though most places end up making it medium well.

One of the best burgers I've ever had is at Prohibition Pig in Waterbury VT - they cook it to temp, add bacon, fried green tomato, pimento cheese.

I’m right there with you. If it’s a place I know or nice place medium rare. If it’s not, at least medium.

Medium rare with bacon, pepper jack cheese and mustard (preferably Plochman's).

if I'm making venison or fresh ground cow, its medium; restaurant its medium well to well

Burgers I like medium just, just a little pink.

Medium at a good restaurant, medium well somewhere I don't trust.

99% of the time when I order a burger medium well, it comes out with some pink.... Which is what I want.
It’s that happy medium between being over cooked and a little pink that’s important...on a burger. Steak is a different story

It’s that happy medium between being over cooked and a little pink that’s important...on a burger. Steak is a different story
That's what a slightly runny egg is for. Pure burger character right there.

Flame grilled, med rare, toasted bun, pepper cheese, mustard, onion, lettuce and tomato. Every thing else is a compromise.

Medium/Pink inside, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, bread and butter pickles, Duke's Mayonnaise, ketchup
Carolina Style is also acceptable-mustard, slaw, chili, onions

Medium well done for me (no pink). If it’s steak I prefer it medium.

Medium well, with lettuce, ketchup, mayo, pickles and cheese.

Also a big fan of Five Guys burgers. One of the few burgers I’ve had outside home that doesnt make me feel ill afterward.

Medium well for me, just a little pink. I think my favorite combo for burger toppings is blue cheese crumbles, tomato, and pickle. Fast food I always order it plain with cheese. That is good everywhere I have ever been.

Medium with Swiss cheese, lettuce,tomato and onion. A little relish is good but no pickle ever. I am OK with just about any sauce as long as it's not too weird but at home it's Miracle Whip on a potato bun toasted on the griddle.

Being an Aussie I like them like you can get everywhere back home. Meat smashed down on the griddle, toasted bun with grilled onions, tomato, lettuce, beetroot and Australian BBQ sauce. (It's nothing like BBQ sauce here in the US)

I kind of prefer the thin patty burger. Stack as many as necessary. My beef with the big patty restaurant burgers is that they’re so inconsistent regarding doneness.

I like variety burgers. Give me weird flavor combos, strange toppings, cool buns, whatever. I like to see what the humble burger is capable of.

Back