How do you make golf fun?

Stay strong man you only have like 12000 hours to go before February (yes I’m thinking I’m a jerk too, lol!).

Stay strong man you only have like 12000 hours to go before February (yes I’m thinking I’m a jerk too, lol!).

I’m going to go nuts on the 1st probably take the 2nd off to nurse the hangover

One thing we do for fun is we have "Treylita" the 3 putt snake. She is a 2' pink and sequined stuffed snake that you have to proudly display if you get her. Rules are simple if you 3 putt you get Treylita.

Music......lots of music.

This.....

In actuality, I have 2 different groups I play with

1. Competitive Group - In this one we play a lot of side games - Wolf, Vegas, etc. and I almost ALWAYS have at least 1 stroke/match play bet with someone in the group.

2. Fun Group - This is my group of friends who don't really play often, and in this group we listen to a TON of music, drink beers, and just enjoy each others company.

I think the people you play with might influence how you make it "fun"

I enjoy the challenge and spirit of the game. That's all fun for me. As for group dynamics, I like people and enjoy learning about them. I enjoy playing skins and some lighter trash talking. I also enjoy engaging people and learning about them and their golf backgroud and interests. I try to balance how I interact based upon the situation and group. There are some golfers who simply show up angry, distant, etc. In those cases I probe a little and if all I get back is gruff, I just detach and play my game. I can still have fun. But with most groups I play with, we laugh and have a lot of fun regardless of how we play.

Beyond the inherent enjoyment of playing, how do you make golf fun for you and for your playing partners?
Typically playing with my friends is always fun, but we have fun doing everything. We trash talk sometimes too but for the most part it’s a hilarious time with those guys.

Keep it light. Remind my partners that we are not pros, we're seniors. Laugh off the bad shots, praise the good ones. Just be glad we are able to play and life is good.

Constant flow of golf humor. Lots and lots of inside jokes. But focus on what we are doing at the same time. Shooting a good score is fun for us.

Little trash talking & by not getting frustrated with bad play. Banter & good conversation goes a long way!!!

I am Uber competitive, so I find golfing to be fun by competing against myself or others. Plus, I have fun just enjoying people and talking during the round. A little trash talking is good.
Here I thought I was getting a ride to the course with the “Uber” comment.

Playing with people who dont take things overly seriously but still want to get better. Getting hyped for one another. Also hitting 💣s

When I feel like it is getting stale I play a round or two with my hickory shafted clubs. The feel is completely different. The satisfaction of a good shot with these clubs is so good.

I tend to play a lot of rounds as a single. I usually just find simple joys like finding lost balls and not loosing a lot of them.

I'm not that competitive. I don't trash talk. I just like to have fun. My game is poor enough to keep me laughing

By never taking anything too seriously. That attitude see.s to help others relax and enjoy themselves too.

I set goals for myself. Either number or birdies if I know the course . Or limit the doubles

I usually turn on some tunes. Sometimes crack open a few beers. I tend o have the most fun when my oldest is with me though. He is just hilarious on the good course. He is distracting though and can affect my game but I love spending time with him. He joins me and a buddy occasionally but usually for just 9 holes then his mom picks him up. My buddies seem to enjoy having him with us as well and I don’t bring him unless they are good with it but they are always very cool about it.

Frankly I don’t need to make it fun I love to be out on the course even alone. When alone I will play some music but that is all I need. In the groups I usually play with there are matches and a healthy dose of trash talking. I really don’t drink much on the course but the guys I play with regularly have a few drinks.

For me, it has been having a consistent group to golf with and a consistent day to get together. My group gets together Sunday mornings and it really makes me look forward to getting out and playing all week. It helps that most of the guys are just genuinely good people and we all want each other to play well. We also have some very light, friendly gambling which gets the competitive juices flowing.

Beyond the inherent enjoyment of playing, how do you make golf fun for you and for your playing partners?
Play the clubs that keep you in the fairway and get you on the green in regulation!;)

Back