How do you mark your ball?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I use my future wedding date. 7-21-09 in red marker on each ball.

At the moment I don't (but it's an excellent marketing campaign).

I actually mark my Bridgestone 330s with a smile under the logo. :smile: At the risk of sounding repetitive, I had heard the Bridgestone 330 is every bit as good as the Pro-V1. That's why I've bought a few dozen of them. It's early days yet but I can report after Friday's round - they are long. I also understand they're very good around the green.

Sorry JB if I've gatecrashed the Titleist forum. Pro V1s are great too. I'll make a hasty escape now so I can let this get back on topic. .

• Admin
No where in my post do I mention Titleist. I play a mix of balls. Used to just play Pro V1x, but now playing TP Black, and some Nike balls they sent me to try out. This is not a Titleist infomercial. You would need a different forum for that....lol

No where in my post do I mention Titleist. I play a mix of balls. Used to just play Pro V1x, but now playing TP Black, and some Nike balls they sent me to try out. This is not a Titleist infomercial. You would need a different forum for that....lol

Now this must be the most classic example of how marketing can get into one's head. You're right. Nowhere does it say anything about Titleist but I was sure I saw it there first up. Maybe I've been brainwashed by the ads. :hypnotized:

I get your drift re the other. Shame really b/c Titleist are an excellent brand (my opinion) but it is so revoltingly obvious what is going on behind the scenes there.

I sharpie a circle around the number of the ball.

I use my future wedding date. 7-21-09 in red marker on each ball.

Awww... isn't that sweet!

Boo Girl marks mine with my initials in bright pink sharpie. I happen to own a lot of personalized golf balls as well. So either way, it's easy to find my golf balls.

I put an A over the number with a blue sharpie. Simple but effective.

Black dot over the Titelist.

All my golf balls are now being marked "SPEC BMII". It's my brothers initials and his rank in the Army. I just hope I use up all the balls I've marked so far before he changes rank.

I'm mark mine with a blue star :victory:

I mark mine with a cattle brand that I designed, with my initials.

I put an "R" under the brand name of the ball I use.

But when the boss's wife p's me off (which is quite often), I write her name on it and "x" it out........then for some reason I smack that thing and instantly I feel better ;)

At the moment I don't (but it's an excellent marketing campaign).

I actually mark my Bridgestone 330s with a smile under the logo. :smile: At the risk of sounding repetitive, I had heard the Bridgestone 330 is every bit as good as the Pro-V1. That's why I've bought a few dozen of them. It's early days yet but I can report after Friday's round - they are long. I also understand they're very good around the green.

Sorry JB if I've gatecrashed the Titleist forum. Pro V1s are great too. I'll make a hasty escape now so I can let this get back on topic. .

I mark my ball with a red dot under the logo and draw a black line around it with the check-go (helps with alignment when putting)
I used many different golf balls, but the one I use the most is the Prov 1x.
I experimented most of the summer with different brands;Bridgestone all of them, Callaway HX tour, Nike 1B, Tarlomade TP BL. I consistantly had longer drives and more spin on the greens with the Titleist. I use a gps for tracking distance. :glasses-cool:

I put an "R" under the brand name of the ball I use.

But when the boss's wife p's me off (which is quite often), I write her name on it and "x" it out........then for some reason I smack that thing and instantly I feel better ;)

Great idea--so long as you never play golf with her!

All my golf balls are now being marked "SPEC BMII". It's my brothers initials and his rank in the Army. I just hope I use up all the balls I've marked so far before he changes rank.

Very cool!!!

I never liked a bunch of markings on my ball, so I just use a very small black dot in between the words One & Platinum on the alignment line.

I make a simple little voodoo face on whatever ball I'm playing and use an uncommon color, usually orange.

MYX

(stupid 7 characters)

Just change the font color to white and add some dots (and then give me some rep for telling you that!). :present:

Don't mark my ball much as I don't play tournaments often, just with my dad.

But when I do, I just put a diamond of dots around the #.

Never mark my ball. I play Bridgestone almost exclusively and I've never found one on the course nor have I ever played with anyone who also played them.

Hopefully with an imprint of the face of my driver. :D

Last edited:
Very cool!!!

I never liked a bunch of markings on my ball, so I just use a very small black dot in between the words One & Platinum on the alignment line.

Thanks. I figured it was a way to have him on the course with me while he's gone. One of the last rounds that I played this year was with him, my cousin and grandpa. It was a great day. :banana:

Bringing this one back up so that the new people can get in on it.

I dont?!? :confused2:

I will mark it if someone I am playing with is playing the same ball... but normally I dont mark them.

Back