How Do You Mark Your Ball?

I prefer not to mark so I generally go with a yellow ball. If someone else in the group has yellow then I throw a black dot or 2 on it

Generally with whomever has an extra dime or penny in their pockets loose change.

Sharpie marker dot above, below, left, and right of the brand logo/number on each side. It works.

Recently on my ChromeSofts I've been putting a dot above the number and a dot below the Callaway logo, both in different colors, and an alignment line. Right now I'm really liking one red and black dot with a black line.

I am often the only one using a Vice ball, but I'll usually put a blue dot or shamrock above the logo.

1 blue dot between the name and number

I seem to be the only one in my one horse town that uses Srixon Z-Stars, so I typically don't mark my ball at all. Otherwise it's a black dot at each end of the logo.

I usually use a yellow ball; fairly easy to pick out from the group!

When I do it's with a blue 23 for my daughter's basketball number.

Generally with whomever has an extra dime or penny in their pockets loose change.

Somebody wasn’t paying a damn bit of attention, but like this...

9A809B77-83B1-4B6C-AF25-7F0DA5CF5577.jpeg

Putting line through the word "Practice," and a pink dot on the right side of both numbers.

IMG_4133.jpg

Usually a dot on one of the corners of the brand name. Probably do top right the least as I think people tend to go there the most, so bottom left is the go to then bottom right. Sometimes 2 dots too or just 1 dot if the mood strikes.

48e3b89c617cbd530d243e7e5600c453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one single standard..... dots one day, star another day, line, line with dots, star with dots.... depends on how much time I have....

I gave up the idea, my buddy keeps hammering me to bring out the felt pen and make the ball unsightly. To me it's more important to him that I follow his lead than anything. I don't get a Top Flite 3 mixed with other people's real often.

When I was using the Truvis balls I didn't tend to mark them as there were very few people at my home course that use them

Otherwise, it is 3 blue dots to the left of the number

If I feel the need I usually put 2 B's on it.

Golf Balls.jpg

No Marks

54F77517-AB32-4783-8699-6BD1BE43807D.jpeg

I have used 3 dots and a little curved line in a visual that I think of as a 3-leaf clover. it's highly visible but a bit much, and I am pondering more simple marking methods. I might go to one strategically located dot using an off-beat sharpie color.

Been using 3 pairs of side by side blue dots spaced around the ball so at least one set always visible for many years. I'm used to answering brand name and "two blue dots" whenever someone helps look for my ball. So I did this👇 when I couldn't figure out how to get the latest buy 3 get 1 free without also including personalization.
0414211656_HDR~3.jpg

Last edited:
I do not use this. I don't even have it. Lol. But I sure as hell would....35DF4EDB-EECD-49A7-A000-D19F0B485640.png

Back