How Do You Mark Your Ball?

Skull and crossbones tin cup stencil... unless I'm playing truvis balls and then usually nothing.

I usually don't. I just note the Brand, style and number and show it to whoever I'm playing with. Titlest tour soft #2. Don't really play in any sanctioned competitions.

I slice it into a cart path and get a nice gash every time I tee off with a new one.

Currently playing Chrome Soft Triple Tracks which has taken care of alignment so on the rare occasion I put one in the fairway I haven't been marking them lately.

I play with garishly bright Supersofts in part to avoid this issue. White ball driven off the tee, white ball, white ball, then screaming neon green. No question who hit that one.

A blue dot on each side of the word Titleist.

Haven’t actually marked my ball for competition in awhile but I used to do 3 dots in a triangle to the right of the number in red

Up until couple of years ago I would put 3 blue dots in the shape of a triangle. I lost that marker and have been going sans markings now for past few years.

Blue sharpie. Color out the numbers on the ball. Draw line on side to blank out the preprinted brand description.

I have marked my ball the same way for years… Around the number I draw what appears to be a really terrible Maple Leaf outline.. Sometimes it looks more like a fire though and that’s okay. Always in red ink.

Maybe a fresh look for next year? Unclear at this time. Maybe just change to blue ink? Hahaha

I slice it into a cart path and get a nice gash every time I tee off with a new one.

Currently playing Chrome Soft Triple Tracks which has taken care of alignment so on the rare occasion I put one in the fairway I haven't been marking them lately.

The CSX I played last round hit the path 3 separate times. Haven’t hit a path in who knows how long, and today was just make up for it in spades. Still in play, I don’t get paid to replace them, it’s not affecting that much of it!

The CSX I played last round hit the path 3 separate times. Haven’t hit a path in who knows how long, and today was just make up for it in spades. Still in play, I don’t get paid to replace them, it’s not affecting that much of it!
Before the Callaways I had 2 boxes of Z-stars and still have about half left that are beat to death from trees and cart paths. They go back in play whenever I have OB right or forced carries over water.

Since I read this as on the green- I will mark my ball behind the ball with a coin, heads up if the ball does not need to be moved, and tails up if I moved the ball for someone else.

On the ball itself, I draw a line.

Just a blue dot next to one number on the ball. Nothing fancy.

Just a blue dot next to one number on the ball. Nothing fancy.

Back