How Do You Mark Your Golf Ball?

Some of the balls I find on the course amuse me. They have so many different markings on them that they look like a modern art masterpiece.

Is that a Clemson Paw?

(I’d have chewed your butt a couple years ago but now..... respect)

Signed,
Buckeye
It's actually the Brown Bears team logo from Brown University in RI. I wanted to get a tin cup marker, and it was the closest I could get to the Whistle Bear logo so I ran with it.
Whistlebear.jpg
FTR, as a Canadian I have no allegiance or loyalty to any College or State team.

I use My children’s initials as my mark.image.jpg

I play a yellow Snell, no markings needed.

Hmm...:unsure: if I ever get custom printed golf balls, I'm going with MINE! Or Don't steal this! Or something totally unique.

I use nothing but yellow balls so it's usually not a requirement, but when it is, I circle the number on both sides.

When I mark my ball on the green, I use my Big Mac commemorative 50th anniversary coin.

Bigmac.jpg

IMG.jpg

I typically use a turquoise sharpie so it is easy to see and had been using just a blue dot. I have tried to start using an alignment line but find myself never using it on the green as I feel like it throws me off. I am debating either going back to the dot or practicing more with the line to where I get it down.

I had Srixon do a custom print on my last batch of Z Stars, but I wasn't impressed, so I'm back to marking my own.

IMG_2461.jpg

2672B248-931A-49DF-A20E-934BB9BC5497_1_105_c.jpeg

Shamelessly stolen from Ian at Callaway when I went to the Grandaddy. I just color in the chevron. Color varies based on what I have on hand. Plus a putting line, usually in black. If it's a Callaway ball without a chevron or a different OEM, I'll put a dot over the number.

I mark them with my boys birthdays. 13 for my oldest and 29 for my youngest. If there is a 4 on there I cross them out, on both sides, and put 13 on one side and 29 on the other. Or with a tree or cart path.

Attachments

• 20200930_142541.jpg
    20200930_142541.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200930_142532.jpg
    20200930_142532.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
Hmm...:unsure: if I ever get custom printed golf balls, I'm going with MINE! Or Don't steal this! Or something totally unique.
A friend of mine was gifted a couple dozen personalized balls from some (non-golfing) friends. They had very thoughtfully had his full name and cell phone number printed on them. :ROFLMAO:

A96698DC-2284-4CFD-B880-4F6881DB287C.jpeg1957ADD9-1245-4BDF-AFF2-1C737F4B9555.jpeg

Some of the balls I find on the course amuse me. They have so many different markings on them that they look like a modern art masterpiece.

Quick.... no google....

Who said that phrase first?

If I get the deal with the free printing I have my initials printed with an alignment aid, other wise I use 1 and 3 green dots.

IMG_2008.JPGIMG_2009.JPG

Last edited:
Usually I just write my first name. Might be a bit excessive, but being a three letter name, I feel like Initials are a bit lazy on my part. Though Initials in my case are pretty cool, they are the same no matter which way you read it. MW

3 dots - to represent my 3 kids (placed somewhere near the logo)

Golfballs.jpg
Wait, your kids are dots :oops:? Also how do you feel after dunking a ball in the pond, or launching one into a road if your kids are on it?

I have one those ball spinner gizmos. Received it as a gift maybe (?) 30 years ago.

I spin the ball and put a red, or black thick, sharpie line all the way around it.

I don't use the line to aim putts with. Just for quick I.D. purposes when locating my ball.

No particular reason for marking the ball this way, other than making use of the ball spinner gizmo.

When I open a sleeve, one ball gets a dot to the left of the number, one below the number, and one to the right of the number. That way, WHEN I hit a provisional, I know which one it was - IF I find one of them.

Back