How Do You Mark Your Golf Ball?

I don’t mark mine. Pretty sure I’m one of very few that uses yellow QST’s around here.

I typically just fill in some of the letters.

4B0DAF6A-9464-4E85-9879-108F8749B448.jpeg

Usually color in one dimple to the lower left of the number on both sides with a blue Sharpie.
I'm surprised how many people don't mark their ball at all. When I'm playing in a new group or get mixed in as a single I will let the others know what make/model of ball and my mark...gets some weird looks sometimes.

Usually a couple dots around the number, some days around the sides some days underneath and some days wherever the f**k I feel like it haha

I haven’t traditionally marked my balls at all. Recently, though, my most frequent playing partner and I have been using the same ball. He doesn’t mark his either, so somebody had to cave. I started marking mine on both sides. I put my first initial really big around the logo on one side, and my last initial big through the logo on the other side.

Most people probably wouldn’t like how big I make the mark, but I figure I want to be able to see at least part of it no matter how the ball lands.

usually playing a truvis so i don't mark but that actually bit me this year a couple times

if i mark, i like to use the Callaway chevron to make a pac-man which i first saw Hashtag Chad do

D26C6DD4-2C1A-42F7-9342-E5399937AD3A.jpeg
Maybe red, blue, green or pink.

Reactions: J4U
3 dots in a triangle shape. 1 dot for each kid

I use a golden dragon GolfDotz. Closest thing I've found to my old regiment's crest (14th Infantry).

I bought 110 brand new Srixon Z-Star XV PRACTICE balls for $1/each (they were headed to a PGA event that was canceled due to COVID last year). Anyway, I managed to mark them so they look like a personalized ball. Some come out better than others... lol
Srixon Mark.jpg

I do a small "T" under the numbers.

Black or red Sharpie and circle the numbers.

Usually color in the chevron on Callaways or a single dimple near the logo somewhere, and a putting line. Currently using a red dot with a blue line.

IMG_2008.JPGIMG_2009.JPG

I use the green dots on balls I pick up at the store or if I place a personalized order I have my initials on them.

Used to simply mark with 2 dots like this:
20210122_133434.jpg
Lately I had some personalized because I've won the yearly dot game with my buddies.
20210122_133442.jpg

I just put my first initial L in red sharpie above the number.

A lot of the guys I play with don't play Callaway Chrome Soft's, let alone one's with Triple Tracks on them. However, when I do, I trace around the V chevron or put an extra V on the ball.

Started 3 red dots after my Dad died... that's what he did and my nickname on the other side

D87F9DD7-ADD1-4999-83D1-4D52FE497A67.jpeg

Back