How do you mentally prepare?

Its funny you say that, I noticed when I drank that I sometimes played better slightly hungover. But generally, just even being tired helps as I don't think I push myself or try to swing to hard.

Physically and mentally I am definitely not in my optimum performance state, but I think it removes a lot of expectations/tension and overthinking things. So, my advice, see 10pm @Luke WilliamsCG (but take it slow) each night you are down there.

the best thing for me is to have time. i like 45 mins to an hour. 20 mins for full swing, 20 mins for short game, and 10-20 mins for putting. take my time, no rush. i’ve had good rounds that are rushed, and bad rounds when i’ve had time. but i seem to have some success more often when i’ve been able to ease into it.
I'm the same way. I can live without the short game warm up, but I really like to have enough time to feel like I'm loose and swinging well. It doesn't always work, but I hate showing up to the course feeling like I only have time to change my shoes and rush to the tee.

Same here. I want some time to get loose and warm. I don't want to feel rushed getting to the course and having only a few minutes before the tee time. I'll plan to get there 45 minutes to an hour early knowing that I have some extra time, if something comes up or takes more time than I anticipate. I like to hit a few balls, roll some putts, chat with whomever I run into, etc.

None of this guarantees a good round but I feel I have a better chance of having one by avoiding the stress of being rushed.

Back