How do you Music? (App)

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There are tons of music apps out there available out there now. Apple music, Pandora, Spotify, Audacy, YouTube Music, Amazon Music and I'm sure some I missed. Whats your preferred choice and do you pay for it or use the free service?

Spotify Premium

sirius/xm in the car.

pandora or spotify elsewhere.

records at home.

Orbit_Black_1024x1024.jpg

• Admin
I've tried Spotify and HATE it. What am I missing?

My wife has one of those forever subscriptions to Sirius / XM, and otherwise she will use Pandora.

Apple Music for me. I also use the free version of Amazon music. Not sure if that’s free for everyone or included in Prime. And obviously YouTube for music videos (yes, they’re still a thing).

I for streaming I go between Spotify, Pandora, and Sirius XM. I also use YouTube music but use that for all my music that has been uploaded from my personal library.

Spotify Premium so no ads.

I also use the Bandcamp and Soundcloud apps to listen to a lot of music that's not on Spotify.

I am 100% Spotify, with the mix of YouTube videos once in a while.

Love the ability to build my own playlist.
LOVE the ability to hit a radio station on a group OR a song.

I've tried Spotify and HATE it. What am I missing?

I think that Spotify is great IF you know what you want to listen to. They do have a lot of random playlists both by Spotify and by random people that I will queue up. Say if you're in the mood for a certain decade or genre or whatever, someone probably has a decent playlist created to listen to.

Apple Music as it's included as part of my cell phone plan. I will also listen to Amazon Music through Prime as well.

I am 100% Spotify, with the mix of YouTube videos once in a while.

Love the ability to build my own playlist.
LOVE the ability to hit a radio station on a group OR a song.
You can do that on Apple music as well and Amazon and YouTube I believe

Spotify Premium

Apple music is my choice. App has just about anything you can think of.

I have no idea why I refuse to pay for spotify premium, maybe this thread corrects this. :unsure:

Spotify premium. The weekly playlists they make for you are sometimes really good. They take songs you’ve liked and try to give you different music style playlists inspired by your liked songs.

Spotify Premium/ Pandora

Spotify Premium as that's what my Tesla links up with.

Though before that I used to use Tidal, which I prefer. It's a nicer UI, plus it has uncompressed lossless bitrates available.

For the audiophiles out there I'd definitely recommend it. It sounds better through headphones than any other streaming service I've tried, especially if you have aptX or aptx-HD capable headphones.

You get a free 30 day trial of everything too.

IMG_20211020_183653.jpg

Amazon mostly.

I use the free pandora app, mostly at work.

I use the free pandora app, mostly at work.
The commercials can get annoying but I do like that pandora just randomly chooses music based on an artist. I had crafted a pretty awesome playlist by clicking the thumbs up and down a long time ago but gave up on taking the time to do that

Back