How do you play cold weather golf?

LOVE cold golf, mainly because so many others are too wimpy to go out and I can again play 36 in about 3 hours.

I use hand warmers, I’ve got Puma WRMLBL gear, and often I’ll wear jeans. No rules against it here, so deal with it haters. ;)

LOVE cold golf, mainly because so many others are too wimpy to go out and I can again play 36 in about 3 hours.

I use hand warmers, I’ve got Puma WRMLBL gear, and often I’ll wear jeans. No rules against it here, so deal with it haters. ;)

Jeans in the offseason make sense to me - I just can't imagine wearing them doing anything athletic when it's above 60 degrees outside.

Can't you at least cover the jeans with rain pants? :unsure: :LOL:

I play in the cold all the time. Titleist ski hat, Titleist big mitts then off they come when I’m swinging, jeans, long sleeve underlayer, 1/4 zip, then a vest. Plus I just bought a charging hand warmer for $20 that I switch back and forth in the big mitts while pushing my cart or riding.

I bring a pair of cobra mitts and wear a toque. If my hands and head are warm, I can golf down to about 35/3c, no wind.

I know. It's long, so cliff notes in red:

I use a cart cover which keeps me quite comfortable between shots. It stops the need for over-layering, allowing a little more flexibility to my swing. I still layer up, just not as much as I might if I were unprotected from the cold and wind. Usually just a long sleeve mock tee, polo and vest will do the trick. Sometimes a FJ windbreaker, too.

Though I hate to give away this secret, because there are only so many available floating around on the net, but I discovered DNYK, fleece-lined, 5-pocket Pinnacle golf tech pants. They were a lucky find on-line. Cost me 20 bucks a pair (marked down from $80), yet they look and fit as well as my adidas and FJ 5-pocket golf pants. I purchased three pairs in black, gray and tan. A modern, straight-leg fit. I love them. Just so you know, if you find them, they run big. So I went down a size. They fit perfectly, are stylish on or off the course and are so comfy in the cooler weather.

When it gets down into the 30s or there's a biting wind in the 40s, I'll fire up the portable propane heater inside the cart/cover. It gets quite toasty inside. Standing out in the cold to make shots every few minutes isn't that bad when you know it will be warm and comfortable again shortly.

Lastly, I heat up a few golf balls on one of the heating registers before I leave the house, then keep them in my pocket until I fire up the heater in the cart. I just rotate them from hole to hole.

Can't you at least cover the jeans with rain pants? :unsure: :LOL:
No. Because it makes people all up in their feels and I like that as I beat them on the course…in jeans.

No. Because it makes people all up in their feels and I like that as I beat them on the course…in jeans.

That would work even better if you also wore a tank top & your hat backwards. :eek:

That would work even better if you also wore a tank top & your hat backwards. :eek:
I wear my hat backwards on the course all the time.

Get at me when you get your arm fixed 😉 Then we can talk about the weather 😄
There is nothing wrong with my arm at the moment.

Back