How do you record your golf swings?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
I received a GoPro Hero and want to use it to record my golf swings. Do you have a camera or app you frequently use? Please share your feedback and thoughts!

I use my iPhone and the hudl golf app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My iPhone when I want to see the swing.

iPhone slow motion. I’ve looked at the hero before but I have low light so it’s not ideal.

I found the GoPro’s have too wide of a field of vision. It can distort things. To really see anything, it has to be so close it would interfere with the swing. Too far back and you are too small to see anything. The new phones are much better suited for a swing analysis, especially with the slow mo abilities.

I don’t like to see my swing on video as I’m afraid of paralysis by analysis. Ignorance is bliss.

i have one of those flex arm tripods for my phone...but when i do video my swing, watching it makes me want to pour gasoline on my bag and phone.

iPhone on a tripod recording in slow motion. I watch it back in edit mode on a bigger screen so I can step through frame by frame. I keep several versions to compare to past videos

I use one of these called Qlippy, attached to golf bag with my iPhone and Hudl app.

95085328-7552-4AB6-8342-4C2B26D8332B.jpeg

Phone.

20201126_102950.jpg

I use selfie golf the most. Clips on and off a club or alignment stick in a split second, slides up and down easily, and can stay on a stick in the bag with the clubs and not get in the way or damaged. It's just easy and durable.

20201126_102847.jpg

Another member posted this one and I've been trying it lately. Let's you rotate the phone, and the swivel is pretty awesome. And it's cheap. It doesn't go on and off a stick or slide to different heights as easily, and it's definitely in the way on a stick in the bag more, and the clip is pretty flimsy compared. Not bad though.

There are a wide variety of swing recording and analyzing apps out there.

20201126_104343.jpg

Last edited:
ADB5F93D-DA2F-4F23-BF29-4BE10717A845.jpeg
This and my iPad Pro. I use the V1 Golf App. Works great.

I've a tripod adapter for my iPhone.

Just an iPhone with the slo-mo setting. I have a little tripod I can use that fits in my golf bag, but usually I’m with my son so we can record each other’s swings to review.

If you really want to do it right, have two cameras going at the same time to get a face-on and down-the-line shot of the same swing.

With how good the iPhone camera is now, I don’t mind using it and/or asking a buddy to record me. The slo mo option is kind of awesome and does everything I need it to.

Back