How does the Premier League work?

Stevo67Golf

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm currently watching a match between Barcelona and Man U and I'm not usually a soccer....I mean....football fan. One thing I've always wondered about is how it works over there. I've heard stuff like teams losing their spot in the Premeir League and getting bumped to a lower division? Any THP members from across the pond help fill me in?

I'm currently watching a match between Barcelona and Man U and I'm not usually a soccer....I mean....football fan. One thing I've always wondered about is how it works over there. I've heard stuff like teams losing their spot in the Premeir League and getting bumped to a lower division? Any THP members from across the pond help fill me in?

The bottom 3 teams in the PL all get relegated to the Championship and are replaced by the top 2 from there and the playoff winner.

That match was the UEFA Championship not the Premier League. UEFA is the best teams from the Europe's best soccer leagues competeing for essentially bragging rights. I'm from the US so you'ld be better off getting a Brit to explain it to you. But I can say that the Premier league does bump the three worse teams each year down to the minor's. Which in my opinion is awesome and forces competitveness. The Pittsburgh pirates, Florida Marlins, Milwaukee Bucks have been making millions for years now with out even attempting to field a decent team.

Back