How Drivers are Created

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was asked to bump this video and honestly struggled to find the original thread, so figured I would start a new one, since we are moving towards new release season. This is a great video with Dean and Mike Yagley talking about every part of a driver and how it is created.

Wow. Mind blown. So intricate and cool.

• Admin
Wow. Mind blown. So intricate and cool.

We thought some might have missed this one and when asked to bump it was too good to just not start new.

Dean and Yagley do a good job of breaking it down.

We thought some might have missed this one and when asked to bump it was too good to just not start new.

Dean and Yagley do a good job of breaking it down.
I remember watching and marveling at it previously. The amazement of it never grows old.

I missed this one originally but wow. I feel both smarter and dumber after watching that. Tons of great info and a lot of work into designing a great club.

I don't know how I missed this the first time but thank you JB!! Very cool information!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is just awesome, Yagley is always such a pro. Weeks of work to make such a detailed adjustment, that is really impressive!
d.png

• Admin
That is just awesome, Yagley is always such a pro. Weeks of work to make such a detailed adjustment, that is really impressive!
d.png

I get so excited that so many THPers get to hang out with Mike Yagley (and others) each year at the Morgan Cup THP Event.

Such a good piece with Dean and Yags. Love it. Good to see again!

Basically makes it seem like the guys competing on Driver vs. Driver have no chance.

Basically makes it seem like the guys competing on Driver vs. Driver have no chance.

Fortunately they have some pretty good engineers there to assist.
Yagley is a pretty smart guy though.

Really interesting. Makes you wonder how the novice designers for DvD can come up with credible concepts. It is rocket science

I love listening to Yagley; so glad I was able to spend some time with him at the 2017 Morgan Cup.

That was very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Master Yagley is such a cool cat! Love listening to him discuss the technical process required....amazing how an extremely minor change can impact a club build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this video breakdown by the master himself.

1) Miss that guy, can’t believe it’s been a week

2) such a great tech breakdown

Look good feel good sound good perform

Very cool, I love seeing the inside of all the clubs like that.

I'm also going to start making a Yagley super mix of videos of him just talking that I can listen to while playing golf to stay calm. Such a soothing voice. :music:

Very cool, I love seeing the inside of all the clubs like that.

I'm also going to start making a Yagley super mix of videos of him just talking that I can listen to while playing golf to stay calm. Such a soothing voice. :music:
would be glorious

What a great interview. So many nuances go into making a club feel just right!

Now I want to find one of those demonstration models for my office!

Great video and insight

IIRC right before JB hit record Yagley looks at me with a sh***y grin and says "I might just nerd out to the extreme here, let's see if you can keep up." Fun times.

Reactions: JB
I missed that the first time around, what a great watch. Pretty amazing to really see it broken down, how much tech goes into a club. Even more amazing is considering the process to decide and measure where/how all those changes need to take place, how microscopic they are, and how the changes all interact with one another.

Back