How Far Do You Hit Your Sand Wedge?

54* 110 58* 100

I hit my 54 degree typically 100-105 yds. I’m playing Recoil 95 Protos in my SW.

My 56* wedge is my 105 club.

My sand wedge is 54*. A full shot is typically 100 yards on the money. If I give it a little extra I can push it to the 105-108 range but I'd rather smooth the 50* to that yardage.

Full swings:
54*. 80-90
58*. 60-70

54* - 105
58* - 95

90-95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 56* is my 80yd club

max of 60 with my 58 deg out of bunkers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Since my CC fitting last month I've been hitting my reshafted irons at an indoor simulator trying to get use to them and trying to lock in the distances I'm hitting with them. All of a sudden with the Cobra Satin King's V 56* wedge that I had reshafted along with my z585i I'm hitting this wedge between 90-100 yds on the simulator. I have never even come close to hitting this wedge that far with the old steel shaft on it. This Cobra wedge is also used as my sand wedge. So it's got me wondering how far do you hit your sand wedge whatever degree it might be?

I have to ask, why dont you hit them outside instead of a simulator, there are no variables on a simulator, what about wind and humidity real grass, these are things you get a better feel for outside.

112, comfortably. More if I step on it.

I have to ask, why dont you hit them outside instead of a simulator, there are no variables on a simulator, what about wind and humidity real grass, these are things you get a better feel for outside.

Good question. Answer because it's January here in Chicago and the high yesterday was 34 with snow in the forecast.

Can’t hit mine much past 50 odd yards. The harder I hit it, the higher it goes. I rarely use my 56.

Can’t hit mine much past 50 odd yards. The harder I hit it, the higher it goes. I rarely use my 56.

Sound like me before I had my 56* reshafted. (y)

Mind telling me the advantages, other than wisdom? :LOL:
[/
It beats being on the other side of the grass. You don't have to work 9 to 5. You can go on vacation where you want when you want. You get to spend more time with the family. The only boss you have to listen to is your wife. There are more obviously, but this is just the short list. QUOTE]

95-115 yards (54° wedge)

Can hit? Or do?

I can hit mine 125. I however refuse to hit it on course more than 105. Anything longer is a partial PW or GW.
I’m exactly the same. If I lean on it then I’m looking at maybe 115? But really for that distance I’m hitting a cut off PW or steady GW. The 54 wedge is for anything between 50 and 90 really.

I can hit my SW maybe 65-75 yards. However when that leading edge contacts the middle of the ball, I've been known to hit some SW "screamers" well over 100 yards. LOL

My standard swing with my 54 degree MIM wedge goes 105 but I don't typically hit my wedges hard. I can flight it down and play it 110-115 if needed but often swing smooth unless the situation calls for it.

54* 85-95 yards

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

My yardage I hit my SW 56* is between 70-80 yards. My LW 60* is anything less than that. My GW will play 85-110 yards. I used to hit full SW’s to 100-110 but the consistency was always iffy and spin control was not controllable.

My 54° will go about 105 with a normal full swing, assuming I execute the shot correctly.

I try to keep it 100-110.

Back