How Far Do You wander From Home

2-2.5 hours to play with some mates. That's about the furthest I'd go if I don't count playing when on holiday.

2 hours each way is my cutoff for a day trip.

Most of my rounds are played within 20 minutes of home/work.

Four and ah.f hours to play golf with my brother once. Generally about two hours max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a single day, 2-3 hours.

I visit a fellow THP'er in Buffalo which is about an hr away from me in Rochester a few times a season. Normally tho during most weekends I'll drive up to 30 mins away to play at various courses around me.

1 1/2 hours once a month sometimes twice I go south and play with a friend in Wichita. Sometimes we meet in the middle.

How far will you guys go to play a round of golf from your home? Not talking like out of state but as a drive from your house. The furthest I've ever gone was 2 1/2 hrs south. The course is named the Den at Fox Creek. It is in Bloomington, IL. If I remember right the course was designed by Arnold Palmer.
That is a great course. I hit it up every time I drive to Madison WI and the weather is good. It is an Arnold Palmer course and a Muni Course. It blows my mind that some of these smaller cities have such great muni courses.

Blessed to have many great courses within an hour. Most of my rounds are 15 min drives. I will likely drive 2-4 hours this summer to play a few courses in the state/region. A golf buddy moved to Driggs, and I often find myself in places like Butte, Missoula, and Billings. I might as well bring my clubs. I am also about 70% certain I will join a private course in 2020 that is literally a short distance on a trail from where I live. I would likely bike there to play. The only thing that holds me back on the private course besides money is that I love the people at the local public course where I generally play.

Generally about 2 hours for a regular round. I can't recall driving more than that. I am thinking of going to Bethpage next year which would be about 3.5 hours from my home.

I have driven 3 + hours to hook up with friends for a weekend event.

I can't be sure, but my best guess would be about 115 miles. I'm guessing it was when I played the course at Stuttgart when I was stationed in Germany. As for driving time, I'd guess just over an hour. I was there 3 years and my "regular" course was about 50-55 miles away. That trip usually took around 30 minutes... 35 if I was taking my time.

I've done plenty of overnighters, both in Germany and in the U.S, but I don't enjoy driving a long way, playing, and then having to drive all the way home the same day.

Back