How Good is Your Alignment?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a video coming up tomorrow that is pretty fascinating on putters and putting. So wanted to ask ahead of time, what you think of your alignment in general for putting?

On a scale of 1-10, probably a 6? It is more dependent on the type of putt I have than the general consistency. I know for a left to right putt, I know my aim is going to be completely screwed.

My shaft and putter head are pretty decent. SeeMore RST works very well for me.

Feet/body/shoulders? Probably not so much. But I have been focusing more on the body alignment of late and I seem to be making more putts/hitting my intended line more often, so maybe I'm doing something better.

Curious to see this one, when I did the laser thing at the PGA show last year it wasn't as bad as I thought but still not ideal

I follow a thorough routine for each putt, including approaching the ball for alignment purposes. It's good but every few months I need to go back and review the vid on it.

Averaging over 34 putts this year, I’m willing to bet something is misaligned. Not sure what though 🤷‍♂️

Overall not bad, but that not bad is compared to the average golfer. Compared to perfect, probably not very good.

I think I am better with my full swings than with the putter. I work alignment regularly with my swing but not with my putting. I definitely should work alignment more with putting. This year I have been using a putting mirror which I think has been helping my head/eye position. When I did my putter fitting recently my stroke was good and repeatable but it is easy to get lined up on a flat indoor practice green.

My alignment used to be terrible. I didn't know how bad it truly was until I took lessons. The last lesson was on putting. He had me line up a 10' putt, then stopped me before the stroke and showed me the actual line off my putter face. It wasn't even close. Now, I have a much better pre-putt routine to get better alignment, one that doesn't rely on a nonchalant eyeballing from over the ball. It's still not great, but I haven't three-putted in almost three years now.

I think I am a better than average putter so I would guess my alignment should be pretty good. But....I have no doubt it could be better.
Am looking forward to the video !

Hard to tell if it's poor alignment, or a poor stroke, that keeps me from making more putts.

Good. I read the green, find my line, then aim my ball mark to the line. Set up the putter to match the alignment aid on the ball.

I think my alignment is fairly good, it's my green reading that is lacking somewhat.

It's so bad that I gave up using a line on my ball or picking a spot to line up - I just can't trust my eyes. Now I line up by addressing the ball and adjusting until I feel I'm lined up well. That actually works well for me but I'll bet I'm lined up a bit too far right just as I do in my full swing.

with no alignment aid, and assuming a scale of 0-10, where 0 is terrible and 10 is tour-perfect, i would probably be a durian. because it's so bad i'm not even on that scale, and both durian and my alignment are offensive.

with triple track on the ball and the putter, i'm probably a 7-8. triple track was made for me.

I tend to aim right then pull my putts on line. Drives me a bit crazy....

I would honestly give myself a 5 out of 10.

Usually better with speed than I am with alignment. If I make 50% of my putts I would be lucky.

Putter alignment is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Full swing alignment.........kind of a different fire

I have to imagine its pretty awful really. Probably missing a lot of putts just because of it too

Meaning that dumpster fire:)

I would think 7/10 but I align different than most but it works for me.

I will go with my alignment is poor. Looking forward to this video

I would say 4/10. A lot of my misses are just because I aimed incorrectly. I would say at least a third if not closer to half are just alignment.

Back