How Good Is Your Rain Gear

Galvin Greene it wasn't cheap.....but whilst going to Scotland/Ireland...gotta have something good
Galvin is such unbelievable product. Crazy expensive, but SO good.

rain gear?

Galvin is such unbelievable product. Crazy expensive, but SO good.
I got mine off poshmark site....only time I ever used the site...brand new with tags for less than 1/2...but even at 1/2 off it was still pricey.

I’m not one to play golf during a rain storm so I only carry a light, water resistant jacket in my bag. Having been a longtime fisherman has had me caught in some pretty heavy downpours while miles away from the dock so I invest in quality rain gear for my fishing trips. Nothing but Gore-Tex for me. Bib pants, and full jacket with neoprene cuffs on the sleeves. The last set I got on sale for about $500 for The jacket and bibs.

"Good rain gear" is an oxymoron in my experience. Even the high end stuff, as soon as I put it on, I can't breathe.

I live in an arid region of California. An average year is 15 inches of mist and drizzle. So, my Sun Mountain rain gear is more than adequate.

I've got a few footjoy rain jackets and rain resistant linksoul

Not good. It is one thing I really need to invest in. I have been very comfortable playing in rain with just the FJ rain gloves. I think need a good shacket(short sleeve jacket).

Mine is better than most, but it stems from years of working in some of the roughest conditions imaginable - I learned very early on: inclement weather gear is not something you should ever skimp on.

I really need to invest in some good stuff. My OGIO pants do pretty well unless it's an absolute downpour but I don't have a good jacket. I hate dropping a bunch of money on something I'll rarely use though.

I don't have anything other than an umbrella and I usually leave that in my car.

I have a couple FJ Hydrolite half sleeve jackets that are perfect for the few days a year I’ll play in light rain. I also have FootJoy waterproof rain pants that I bought on our Master’s trip in 2006 but I bet I’ve only worn them a dozen times since.

I have several GoreTex Pro rain shells for skiing but they are overkill for the little amount of rain I deal with on the golf course.

Highly invested, Galvin Green Gortex for the jacket/pants, solid waterproof hat, MacWet gloves and legit waterproof shoes.

How invested are you into your rain gear?
- Higher end quality, from hat to gloves to pants to jacket?
Id say pretty damn invested. I own two full rain suits but of pretty darn good quality. Then throw in the other jackets, vests, an extra pair of pants, multiple pairs of rain gloves......then the "mudder shoes". Im in deep. I do not have a rain specific hat. Dont feel its necessary.

- It's more of a "water resistant" experience
Negative. Nothing i own would remotely leave me damp. This stuff is about as dry sealing as you can get

- Still waiting for rain gear to not be so damn expensive
You either play in the rain and own good gear. Or you play in the rain and get wet cause your gear blows. Or you dont play in the rain.
Much like a lot of other things in this world that price reflects quality.......rain gear could be at or near the top of that list.

I live in an arid region of California. An average year is 15 inches of mist and drizzle. So, my Sun Mountain rain gear is more than adequate.
We average 4.16" per year, and it don't drizzle here - it's either not raining, or it's FREAKING RAINING. Rain gear spends a lot of time sitting in closets. :LOL:

I don’t have any, so…terrible!

I've got five weekday mornings that I can play every week.
I'm too old to play in the rain.

Footjoy tops and bottoms. Considering I’m extremely unlikely to play in inclement weather where I am, it’s much better than it probably needs to be.

I have some adequate rain gear that I got through my side gig, but I haven't worn it in a really bad downpour. Hearing from the other guys that in a real bad rain, it won't hold up more than a few hours, I recently spring for a new GoreTex jacket and pants from Marmot. They were running a sale around labor day which made it a much easier pill to swallow. I am going to Bandon in a month, so I needed to make sure I got something that was guaranteed too keep me dry. Every piece of GoreTex I have ever owned has performed as promised.

Mine's pretty decent, jacket, trousers, hat and rain gloves. Issue I have is that mine are about 10 years old so the tech probably isn't the most up to date and while I stay warm and dry from the elements, there is a quite a bit of boil in the bag happening! I also can't swing for **** in the rain jacket, always feels a bit clunky, so probably time to go shopping in the next few seasons.

I dont have true designated rain gear. I have a normal waterproof wind breaker but definitely not a $600 full FootJoy setup

Also I try to avoid playing in the rain as much as possible. If it's raining during our tee time and the forecast is 70% chance and up, we'll cancel.

Mine is decent, probably 5 years old. Arnold Palmer ( made by Sunice). It’s not top of the line but it keeps me dry and allows me to swing.

Back