How heavy is your Shaft?

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
What weight is the shaft you play in your driver?
How does it compare to past shafts you have played, other than the obvious weight difference?

72g in the current driver shaft. This shaft brings a bit lower trajectory than my last club and shaft. I intentionally went with a 10.5 degree head that increases my spin rate and then wanted a shaft to control it a bit more.

61 gram right now and I want to go even lighter.

64 grams. I haven't swung anything heavier/lighter so I don't know.

Wow, that's crazy JB. How do you like such a light shaft?

Wow, that's crazy JB. How do you like such a light shaft?

Love it. Keeps me in tempo and I get better ball speed when staying in tempo. Love the Miyazaki shaft line overall.

Same here, actually. I really enjoy the 43g C Kua for my swing.

Love it. Keeps me in tempo and I get better ball speed when staying in tempo. Love the Miyazaki shaft line overall.

I am a Miyazaki fan myself, but I'm a fan of heavier shafts. I feel like it keeps my swing more under control.

I am a Miyazaki fan myself, but I'm a fan of heavier shafts. I feel like it keeps my swing more under control.

Im guessing Kusala series then.

61 for me.

"How heavy is your Shaft?"

Am I the only one thinking....."That's what she said!"?

"How heavy is your Shaft?"

Am I the only one thinking....."That's what she said!"?

I thought of this after I posted :D
but stick to driver shafts please haha

65g, i like the mid 60s, the stock matrix 48g just wasnt for me..

Currently it's 63 which is fine for weight but not stiff enough. I do like heavier shafts in general as they keep me in tempo better but I've also found I'm more of a hitter then a swinger. IE I don't swing smoothly and the ball just gets in the way like JB or TC does. I actively try and hit the ball, like I'm taking a slap shot with difference mechanics. Thus I like heavier, stiffer shafts because swinging like that without them destroy's my accuracy.

Currently it's 63 which is fine for weight but not stiff enough. I do like heavier shafts in general as they keep me in tempo better but I've also found I'm more of a hitter then a swinger. IE I don't swing smoothly and the ball just gets in the way like JB or TC does. I actively try and hit the ball, like I'm taking a slap shot with difference mechanics. Thus I like heavier, stiffer shafts because swinging like that without them destroy's my accuracy.

That is very similar to me Super Tuna. I have the same problems.

65g. I've tried heavier and lighter and this weight just fits my swing and tempo well.

65g. I've tried heavier and lighter and this weight just fits my swing and tempo well.

Good Deal Biggsy! That's the ultimate goal :D

Used to be 60's and 70's all the time but I'm having a good run with my C.Kua 39S that is actuall 47g. Keps me in tempo more than the heavier shafts but I have been battling allowing mysel OTT hard hooks lately adjusting to the wight still. User error mostly LOL.

playing an 81g right now. I like the heavier shaft as it kind of works in unison with the 10.5 degree head. The 10.5 degrees of loft on its own would launch the ball too high for me, but paired with the 81g shaft, i'm finding myself in the perfect launch angle range.

UST Proforce V2 Reg 57g

Love it, Love it, Love it. Did I say I love it?

I also have a stock 55g Adlila in a 9.5 degree Cobra. I like that one as well, but I tend to pull shots with it on occasion. So the little bit of extra weight seems to help and the V2 shaft seems a bit stiffer, although both are rated regular stiffness.

75 in the 910
70 in the R11

Back