How High Do You Tee Your Driver

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
Generally, I tee the ball up so that maybe 1/4 of the ball is above the face of the driver, probably less. The driver usually skims the grass when I swing in order to make perfect contact.

I have played golf with hundreds of people and I still have not one person who tees the ball as low as I do. I don't know if it is just me, I am starting to think it is, but is there anyone else who tees it low for the driver? If I tee it so that 1?2 the ball is above the club face I sky it every time.

Are there consequences to distance/accuracy when you tee it high/low?

To the last line of the THP Tees is barely visible to the grass. That is one of the things I absolutely love about them.

It depends, I usually tee it up with about 1/4 and sometimes 1/2 of the ball is above the driver but when I play in windy conditions I tee it up low to where no ball is above the driver and that gives me a lower ball flight.

Alot of it depends on the angle of decent in your swing...if you are very steep into the ball and you tee it high you will pop too many up. I used to be that way and I have tried to work on the width of my swing and get a more sweeping motion with the driver swing.

With that said, I probably have a little less than half the ball above the clubface at address.

To the last line of the THP Tees is barely visible to the grass. That is one of the things I absolutely love about them.
Ya having those lines on them is very nice.

I tee the ball to the second to last line on the THP tees, due to the height of the Classic's face.

I usually tee it up with the last line on the ground using my Epoch. Although, if I am really looking to make a tear at it I tee it as high as I can.

I almost said that too...but didn't know if he had any Epoch tees.

I am using the exact same mark as JB...the last line on the THP Epoch tees.

Yep, that's where I tee it too. I go crazy if I use a tee other than the THP Epoch. Which reminds me....I better hop over to the THP Store!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's where I tee it too. I go crazy if I use a tee other than the THP Epoch. Which reminds me....I better hop over to the THP Store!

I just bought 2 packages a few weeks ago...wanted to make sure I had them for the MC!

It depends, I usually tee it up with about 1/4 and sometimes 1/2 of the ball is above the driver but when I play in windy conditions I tee it up low to where no ball is above the driver and that gives me a lower ball flight.

I agree. It depends on the shot and the conditions. I normally don't want more than a 1/4 of the ball above the top of the driver, but I'm still trying to catch it on the upswing unless I'm dead in to a hard wind.

Im the same way dude. Its like crack. I cant use anything but them. Truth is, with as much as us amateurs have to think about, why would you use anything that could add another variable.

I don't have the THP tees so I don't really have an idea of where the lines are. Am I going to have to buy some???

I cover the first line of my THP tee.

I don't have the THP tees so I don't really have an idea of where the lines are. Am I going to have to buy some???

I would never tell someone they have to buy something, that is completely up to you. When we set out to find a great golf tee, we looked for 3 things.

1. The ability for it to last longer than most tees.
2. To have the iconic THP logo.
3. Lines to make sure people can tee the ball up the same height each time.

All 3 of those things make them liked by so many.

I would never tell someone they have to buy something, that is completely up to you. When we set out to find a great golf tee, we looked for 3 things.

1. The ability for it to last longer than most tees.
2. To have the iconic THP logo.
3. Lines to make sure people can tee the ball up the same height each time.

All 3 of those things make them liked by so many.

Truth. They absolutely rule. I need to stock up on some more.

I tee it up to where the top line of the THP tee is in the ground. Basically about about the height of a ball.

Here is a quick Iphone pic of the tee next to a tape measure.....I leave the first line above the ground...so its about an inch and a half. Hope that helps.
23546926.jpg

Yes you are, they are awesome.

Here is a quick Iphone pic of the tee next to a tape measure.....I leave the first line above the ground...so its about an inch and a half. Hope that helps.
23546926.jpg

Thanks TBT! That helps a lot. Nice looking tee as well. Might have to make a purchase.

I mostly use ConsistenTees, but if I don't I just tee to the height of a golf ball.

so that about a third or a quarter of the ball is over the crown of the club.

So 1/2 the ball is above the top of the driver. Maybe a little lower with my new Cleveland Classic 290, I'm still experimenting.

I tee low. 1/4 of the ball over the crown or level. I can't hit high teed shots for some reason

Back