How Hot Is Too Hot For You Not To Play Golf

Anything over 85° starts to get sketchy for me. 90° and above, and I lose interest completely. Around here, it's not really so much the heat, but the humidity is horrible. Always having sweat running into my eyes and dripping off my face across the inside of my glasses takes the fun right out of it for me.

Its not the heat either, for me its the "can I drink enough water". @mtbloco @MSEASU and I played last Friday and it reached 111. That is about the max I can do, I pounded nearly 90 oz of water in 3.5 hours, and it was barely enough.

We played a round of golf in a food dehydrator. I'm thankful that the convection fan was turned on. drinking during the round is only a portion of staying hydrated. I have to really focus on daily hydration to make it though conditions like what we played in.

Lately it's been anything over 90 with no breeze...gets brutal

So real feel here will be heat advisory of 103*... League is still ongoing.
this was not fun glad it was 5:50 tee time and once that sun started to set on hole 9 that last hole was perfect... felt like I could play another 9

Living most of my life in South Florida, heat won't stop me from playing. I will ride, rather than walk once it gets above 90. I bring plenty of water, wet towel, and park in the shade.

And it’s not even August in Texas yet.......

View attachment 8953394
Ahhh I hate it when people say that! When I was sailing in the gulf we'd be working on deck in June or July and the deck temp. would be like 125. Someone would comment on it being hot. And right on point someone would be like just wait till August..... I'm like dude 125 in June is the same as 125 in August.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We played a round of golf in a food dehydrator. I'm thankful that the convection fan was turned on. drinking during the round is only a portion of staying hydrated. I have to really focus on daily hydration to make it though conditions like what we played in.
Agreed......my main focus was to stay sweating, which I did.

Agreed......my main focus was to stay sweating, which I did.

true. if you ever stop sweating....leave the course and find A/C stat! My ice towels were really helpful.

I was out early this morning for a little practice. Thought I was beating the heat. This, because nearby irrigation was still going on.

It was near, or at 90*f at 5:30 am. Humidity was higher than normal due to the irrigation. Working up a sweat was easy.

I didn't do any thing very physical, as I have 1pm tee time later today with friends. Mostly just easy 20 yard pitches to the practice green.

About 50 yards away, I noticed a bird on the ground, struggling in some of the taller grass. I walked over to move the bird out of the sun, and into a shady area. Hoping recovery was it's future.

To my surprise this bird wasn't struggling at all. It was just having a tough time getting the worms out of the ground while wearing pot holders.

That's how hot it is around here right now, but it's still cool enough to play 18 holes.

96°F and up has kept me at home the last few days. I may test it this afternoon, although it is 'only' 88°F right now.

I used to love the heat and played several times when it was over 100 degrees (in Minnesota) and humid. I've had knee problems since I was in middle school and in my 40's developed back problems. The heat just allowed me to properly loosen up and I loved it. In my late 60's I had a heart attack and that changed everything. All of sudden I can no longer tolerate that heat and if it reaches the higher 80's I'm done.

If I can’t get 4-5 holes out of of a glove it’s too damn hot. I take it off each shot and try to let it dry some too.

Reminds me of the old Bob Hope golf jokes. I can't recall exactly, but Bob was asked about how his golf game was going. It was something like, "I shoot in the 80's. Any hotter than that, and I stay home".

I don’t know. Played Myrtle Beach one August and the heat index was 120 degrees. I drank a lot of water, lol

95+ and it's going to be a long ponder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I played Sunday afternoon in North Texas - 103 degrees with a 110 heat index. That was about my limit!

Back