How Hot Is Too Hot For You Not To Play Golf

I don't have this problem over here, but I always carry a spare towel to wipe my head and face with

Now rain on the other hand

The temp may limit me to 9 vs 18. But, will still play.

Yesterday was pretty close for me. After 8 holes I was drenched, and the humidity was awful, and I was ready to call it quits after the 9th hole. However, on the 9th hole we got a nice little breeze that stayed with us for the rest of the round which made it just bearable.

78° if the Sun is shining. I hate heat.

Realistically heat doesn't stop me from playing, but I prefer grey days under 75°

I typically check the weather for the next day and if we have a heat advisory then I hope to golf early in the AM to get done before it gets worse.

80s. I just don't do well in heat, but then I live in western Oregon where we don't have enough for me to get used to.

Humidity crushes my soul. I mean if it's only 80° yet humid, I'm fairly miserable. So as you could guess, 90's and humid is torturous.

Was blindsided last week and struggled mightily the first 6 holes. Was already 92°, I think it was, and moderately humid. But 1/2 hour before teeing off, a cell passed through and POURED for about 10-15 minutes. Once it passed, back to clear and sunny skies.

And major HEAT.

From the evaporating extensive moisture just dumped, the humidity at ground level was stifling. An amateur meteorologist said to ignore the apps on our phones, the "reel feel" temp was well over 100°.

But he called it, he said it would last 1.5 to 2 hours before breaking and thankfully, it did. Back to normal humidity, which was still hot, but NOTHING like previous.

If that type of heat were forecasted, I'd have stayed home. Wound up suffering some mild effects of heat exhaustion by round's end. Nothing too bad but I could do without the nausea.

Drank 6 or 7 bottles of water (3 over the first 6 holes), ate my typical trail-mix at the turn.

Never happened yet, but generally I am teeing off by 0730 at the latest. Only on Sunday or if I am golfing with the young guns do I go after 8am.

If it's hot I'll only attempt it early in the morning when it's less humid. Anything else is just crazy. We will have league tomorrow night and it's looking like high 80's, but I'll drink plenty of beer and take along a little battery powered fan/spray mister thing. It's not much but it'll help.

Anything over 90 degree heat index and I'm only playing 9. Over 95 heat index and I'm putting in the living room.

As I said earlier, I don't mind the heat TOO much...but it turns out today is my limit. Ha. Went out to walk the dog at lunch and that was about all I needed from the outdoors today.

Above 85 I ride

very rarely will the heat sit me out of playing. Usually less people are out and I can play and get done in about 2 hours or so.

Only time I suffer is if it's a scramble event in the heat. Played one year in one and it was legit 97 with a heat index of 110ish. Miserable way to spend 5 hours and come in 3rd to two teams scoring -18 to -20

Yesterday was 92 with 84% humidity when I finished my round. When I was done it felt like I just walked out of a swimming pool. I drank four bottles of water and three 32oz gatorades. It also took 5+ hours walking because I was stuck behind a senior mens league.

It was too hot the last 3 times I played, but I got better playing 3 rounds in 4 days. Nothing makes sense.

No such thing. If its 95 and over, I just take a cart and drink more beer.

Considering I played last Friday in mid 90’s temps and heat index of 105, I’ll play in the heat. Not a smart move and won’t do it again, but heat doesn’t scare me.

As others have stated, the humidity is the deal killer... Living in Texas, triple digits during the summer is standard. Pair that with humidity above 70-75% and its miserable. Unless its a really nice track, I'll usually pass on starting a round after midday when the humidity is high.

Gloves become useless if you don't swap them out every 4 holes and you'll figure out really quick whether your grips need to be replaced.

Now to speak out of both sides of my mouth, I carded a 3-over 75 on a tough course this past Sunday while it was super humid and near triple digits...so scoring is still possible...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In the summary usually at least half my round is played in heat index of 100-110. I normally would avoid starting in those temps but I'd probably do it and ride instead of walk/carry.

I can only remember one time living in Vegas where it was too hot and I left the course - that was last year in 115 degree afternoon heat. I had my daughters with me and we were all wilting. I probably would have finished if it had just been me, but we were all miserable so I called it early.

two wet gloves, UV umbrella, tons of ice cold water to drink and pour over my head and down my back.

I sweat like crazy and hate the high heat and humidity with a passion. But hasnt yet stopped me. Try to play early. Though tio be fair i havnt played in triple dif=gits that i can recall but I been close.

With the current heat wave we have here in Chicago with temps in the mid 90s and heat indexes over 100, I'm staying inside because it's just too hot for me to play golf and enjoy the game. So, THP, how hot is to hot for you not to play golf this summer?

When it gets this hot and humid I will still play but do a few things. I will tend to try and play as early as I can, I will take a cart (I normally walk), and I will reduce beer consumption to usually 1 or 2 towards the end of the round. My biggest issue when it's that humid is sweating through gloves like crazy and not being able to control the club (I mean less than I can normally ;)).

For me when it starts hitting mid to high 90's I will only play early in the morning. If its too hot it takes the fun away

By the 4th tee I regret my decision most of the summer in NC but I always power through.

Back