How is COVID-19 affecting your golf game?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I had a gold trip planned with a couple of golf buddies to the Ozarks, but we've decided to postpone it to the fall.

We are anxiously awaiting better weather so we can get out and play golf. No plans to reduce our playing time and, in fact, we are planning on playing more because there's not much else to do.

I am a little concerned about golf courses not finding a way to avoid the club house, but other than that, we feel safe in going golfing.

How has this virus pandemic affected your golfing plans?

I would love to get out, thinking that local courses are going to either close outright or close clubhouse/pro shop. Weather is starting to get nicer here in CO.

I've hit a lot of balls in my garage already. Might have an improvement in ball striking if this go on for a bit.

It has messed up two golf trips, but I actually have worked on my game more, because there is not as much else to do for entertainment. I just pray that the courses stay open.

Our course has now closed it's restaurant. They had the three simulators in there and I've gone every Saturday all winter, so now I have no way to practice until it's warm enough for our courses to open. Who knows when that will happen at this point though.

I've seen one course closure locally and some others posting about staying open with precautions in place.

Won’t know until I can get on a course again. I have a net and a putting mat I’m using several times a day to practice as well as occupy my time while being stuck in the house. I’m thinking it may improve. Putting practice is usually not high on my list of fun. Well under the current circumstances it is fun. ;) Day 2 of 21.

In Florida it's business as usual. There are some bar closings, but restaurants remain open but they close early around 8PM

Our club closed the restaurant and bar, no more beverage carts, and no water coolers on the course...but other than that still operational with the food shack at the turn still open to walk up customers for food and drinks.

This situation has severely dampened my desire to play or practice. This is my busy season at work, so usually golf is a welcomed reprieve from the stress of work and life. Right now, the effects of this disease on my business are all I can focus on.

Haven't really done anything golf related since things got serious. Have hit some chips and pitches in my backyard but mainly just to get some fresh air for a bit. Will be interesting how I feel once I actually play at some point. Can't imagine I would be able to focus much on the golf.

The courses don't normally open here until late March or early April so we are still waiting to find out what courses will do. It did screw up my Master's trip but hopefully, that will happen in October. Golf would be a nice diversion right now.

Here in PA, some courses are still open with limited club house services. Unfortunately, all the local ranges are closed as well so stuck with chipping in the house.

have a trip planned to Ocean City Maryland at the end of April. I’m hoping things clear up by then

Golf is pretty much dead for me right now. All of the munis are closed, we are being told not to go out unless its absolutely neccesary (which means most of the other courses are closed too).
So, for me, golf is done for now.

So far my annual spring time buddies trip south of the border has been cancelled which at this time I’m totally fine with. I am a little concerned that this could delay courses opening up

I'm hoping it will help my game as "working from home" makes it a lot easier for me to go hit balls or even play if the weather is cooperating. The weather has very much not been cooperating lately so we'll see how it all shakes out.

I have not even thought about it. As of last week, my golf game is nearly as good as it's ever been. In fact, the only thing preventing it from being the best ever has been putting.

But with everything going on, I could care less. I've had zero desire to head to the course since last week.

Not at all really

It has forced me to take an unexpected lengthy break from playing. As long as my course does not stay closed too long (beyond 3 or 4 weeks), I am fine with it because I really needed to take a break from the game anyway.

Well I played 9 rounds with my uncle in the Villages this week ... shot 78 on the first round .... couldn’t get out the 90s the rest lol.... so apparently killing me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm under shelter in place. Golf stores, courses, and ranges are closed. If it's part of a housing development, there's a chance the restaurant is offering take out.

I've played 4 rounds this season so far but that was during a warm weather streak and the courses were open. So far, none of the courses have indicated that they won't open given good weather. Golf may be the only thing that gets me through this forced sabbatical.

No effects locally, our local courses are still business as usual. But it did just ruin a group golf trip/tournament we've done every year for the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Well being home for 3 weeks I’ve had time to practice and play. However at the course today the starter said they expect to close in the next two days or so. Guess we can walk the course but I’m sure if one will close others will follow.

We are driving down to Fountain Hills, AZ from Flagstaff Friday morning, playing at Desert Canyon Friday afternoon, checking into a hotel there, playing at Eagle Mountain Saturday then stopping to shop at PGASS in Scottsdale and finally driving home Sunday. Someone has to do it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Back