How is COVID-19 affecting your golf game?

Winter is affecting my game more than anything else. ;) But I have stopped going to the sim. I have gone 1-2 times per week. My wife’s boss was at a meeting led by a guy who has COVID-19. Her boss is on self quarantine. I think we’re good but just knowing that level of proximity and potential vector is keeping us self-isolated. I will feel better once we have a clearer sense of her boss’ status. Even then, assuming a negative report, I may wait out a few(ish) weeks and target outdoor golf. That’s an entirely a different game from tight proximity indoor sim time. 👍

First day of Spring and while the weather is pretty fair, rain has come our way. But next week looks better. 50's and 60's so unless the courses aren't open, we're going golfing. Maybe more than once next week if the rain stays away.

Still wish they'd come up with a way to bypass the club house. Also wondering about cart reuse. Any ideas besides doing your own disinfecting?

I haven't hit a ball in 11 days now. I have missed out on some really nice days in that period, too.

My course is shutting down today. The range will still be open and balls available through the machine.

This mess and the financial bedshitting has caused me to cancel two trips in which golf was a significant part. One was to Orlando where I was looking forward to getting together with McLovin and others who might be able to make it. The other was Hawaii where I planned to get in 3 or 4 rounds.

C'est la vie.

Our indoor sim place is officially closed due to the virus so I will not be hitting a ball until the snow melts. Guessing another 4 - 6 weeks depending on what Mother Nature decides to do

B72122D8-C95F-4AF2-89D8-3BF032F507AD.jpeg
I know this ... My putting game is going to be tight when this coronapocolypse ends...

Weather here is basically stopping me right now. Using the simulator would be selfish right now considering my exposure risk at work. Hopefully I can get a round in Saturday or Sunday... at least the range

Courses had remained open in our area, though there was discussion about closing as of last week (which made me switch tee times an hour in advance to a different course). Otherwise, courses have been open until yesterday, when a 5.7 earthquake hit Salt Lake City, which is substantial for our area.

My understanding is that courses have reopened, but almost all snack bars are currently closed. It's the first time that golfers are encouraged to bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.

Some courses have elected to remove pins from their greens, and cut holes in the center of the green. This is nice in some ways, as it'll be additional encouragement for me to use the philosophy of Lee Trevino.

Finally, an annual tournament has needed to make some modification to their itinerary, as courses south of us are currently turning away groups of more than 10 (there will be 60) and eliminating a Shotgun Start.

Last edited:
Not affecting mine at all....fortunate to live on a golf course and have beautiful extended area past my yard so have been hitting wedges and short game shots like a maniac!! Wishing all of you well in however you can keep your game going!!!!

My short game is fine. It's that I can't hit anything else.

Not practicing, playing only once a week. I am finding it hard to focus on it with everything going on in the World.

Wife just slapped me w/ the temp ban on heading to the golf course for next few weeks. I’m not happy.

I was at the range today. Kept my distance from the other 3 people that were there but I think this is it for awhile. NY is shutting down pretty heavily.

I just played yesterday. I still stink

We played three rounds in Scottsdale last weekend. The courses are open but the course restaurants are take-out only and no bar service. They also recommended to leave the flags in the holes and not use the bunker rakes. I shared the cart with my wife.

This week, Arizona Governor Ducey declared golf an "essential business" so the courses in Arizona will remain open unless there is a state-wide lock down.

Played 18 holes the other day and one of the unique things the course that I played at did was to insert a swim noodle into all the holes. The noodle had the flag inserted in the middle of it with only about an inch and a half of space between the top of the hold and the noodle inserted in the hole.

What this did is allow you to putt normally but the golf ball was easily removed from the hole without removing the flag thereby reducing exposure due to the virus. I could easily see this approach working on a lot of golf courses.

too much rain here the last couple of weeks.....too much work even on the weekends. BUT, I do have a tee time with a friend at an undisclosed location where i am told he has access to two carts, one for each of us....

courses are open, but I'm actually hesitant to go out and play.

Luckily golf wise the weather here hasn't even come close to something I'd enjoy golfing in consistently. We're still a good month out from that anyway. But this happens every year and I'm used to it. So far no impact on what my game would have been to start our normal season. Lots of putting practice without being able to leave much in general though, so it actually might help :ROFLMAO:

Played 18 holes the other day and one of the unique things the course that I played at did was to insert a swim noodle into all the holes. The noodle had the flag inserted in the middle of it with only about an inch and a half of space between the top of the hold and the noodle inserted in the hole.

What this did is allow you to putt normally but the golf ball was easily removed from the hole without removing the flag thereby reducing exposure due to the virus. I could easily see this approach working on a lot of golf courses.

In Chicago they closed all courses last Saturday, re-opened Tuesday and they had the cups halfway in the ground so you just had to hit the cup (honestly didnt care about certain putts whether they would have counted or not, was just happy to play). And courses closed back up Thursday

too much rain here the last couple of weeks.....too much work even on the weekends. BUT, I do have a tee time with a friend at an undisclosed location where i am told he has access to two carts, one for each of us....
Some friends of mine in CA found an undisclosed course in an undisclosed location that was open yesterday. They took their push carts and walked it, said there was hardly anybody there - mostly because hardly anybody knows it's open.

Back