How long before you toss leftovers?

Parrot

Down to the banana republics . . .
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife has a 3 day rule. Depending on what it is, I may add a few days to it, if she or I cooked it. But not fish. May as well throw it away if it isn't eaten the day it was cooked.

3 Days.

Depends what it is. Also, I'm not against freezing leftovers for a later time.

2 days max unless I freeze it, which is usually rare.

Depends on when furry stuff starts growing on it.

Nah, just trying to see how sick we can make JB today.

Since its just the two of us at my house we rarely save leftovers. It came down to do you want to throw it away now or throw it away in a few days so we just toss it to save time.

We make lunches for the week on Sunday a lot, usually for M-Th. Friday would be iffy, but as long as it doesn't look or smell funky I'll still eat it.

Leftovers from a meal are usually eaten within 2 days.

Usually about 3 days, on somethings max of 5. But my daughter hates left overs, so I try to cook just enough extra for my lunch the next day.

The rule would be two days or freeze it. However, leftovers are usually eaten the next day after cooking.

My wife has a 3 day rule. Depending on what it is, I may add a few days to it, if she or I cooked it. But not fish. May as well throw it away if it isn't eaten the day it was cooked.
I meal prep on Sundays for the week. I refrig food for first three days, and freeze the meals for later in the week.

3 days sounds about right.

if it lasts 4 its pitched.... most leftovers for me are made day one and eaten day 3.... I dont like eating the same thing two in a row

Only leftovers you will get me to eat are Pizza & Chili the very next day. Everything else, toss immediately.

To me nothing tastes as good reheated in an oven more less a Microwave.

How about that night as soon as dinner is over.

I do not like leftovers at all. Only pizza is ok in my book.

95% of the time if it's not gone in a day, it's not going in my belly.

You sound like my wife. If there are leftovers in my fridge it is up to me to eat them, or they are getting thrown out.

If it's not eaten the following day, it sits in there for a week and then goes to the trash can when new groceries come in.

You sound like my wife. If there are leftovers in my fridge it is up to me to eat them, or they are getting thrown out.
we don't waste a ton of food (even though it sounds like it haha). We typically just don't make bulk amounts.

Also, I'm not a fan of leftovers in general. Eating it once or twice is usually enough for a week or so for me.

we don't waste a ton of food (even though it sounds like it haha). We typically just don't make bulk amounts.

Also, I'm not a fan of leftovers in general. Eating it once or twice is usually enough for a week or so for me.

We're the same, if there are leftovers it's typically only enough for one person anyway. My wife is such a sweetheart that she let's that one person be me.

Next day or throw it away. I will eat Thanksgiving turkey for a few days but the side dishes are next day only. Also if I smoke a brisket or rib roast I will eat it for a few days.

Back