How long does it take a putter to "die?"

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
And what are the symptoms? Need data for arguments with the wife.

Are you pro "my putter died and I need a new one" or anti "I need a new putter"? :)

This gif is creeping me out in this context.

Not long if you toss it in the lake. They drown fairly quickly.

Signs and symptoms of a putter which requires replacement may include:
- Dulled finish
- Face wear
- Poor scores
- Yips
- Pushed putts
- Mishits
- Player frustration

Expected life span of a putter can vary depending on breed and manufacturer. Average age at time of replacement is anywhere from 1 day to 30 years. There is no known cure for a failing putter.

Some players have found success and increased putter lifespan when the club fitting process has been employed prior to adoption.

I’d say it’s an issue of happiness. You come home either happy and motivated to do yard work or sad and not ready to do yard work. One is better for her.

Oh oh

Well, not sure, but I saw a putter a guy had for around 30+ years I think he said. It was so worn it was massively convex on the face and looked like something that most would throw in the trash bin. Kinda looked like it was used to bat rocks. The thing is this guy can play and most of his clubs looked like his putter. I was astonished looking at this putter. I bet if he ever were to switch that would be the end of his game.

I’m pretty sure your putter’s dead dude. Time for a new one.

-Sincerely,

dazeedmonds, licensed internet putter diagnostician.

I am a fan of its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission just have it follow you home and the just ask for forgiveness with flowers and chocolates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maaybe it can drown in a pond on the golf course?

Step 1: snap shaft by forgetting that you laid it right behind the rear wheel of your car (important: only break the shaft )
Step 2: Tell wife you can't believe how stupid you are ( they always believe how stupid you are )
Step 3: Slightly protest when she says I guess you gotta get a new one
Step 4: Order new one AND replacement shaft for old one ( myst be delivered in 1 package )
Step 5: enjoy new putter and old putter once you replace the shaft
Step 6: hope like hell she doesn't recognize the old putter hanging around

Just tell your wife that your current putter isn't working correctly. It won't do what you want it to which is get the ball in the hole.

Last edited:
I have a friend who truly believes that a putter just simply runs out of putts period lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear wife,

This is cheaper than heroin.

Signed,
Golfer
Haha.

As my wife says when I try and justify my gambling losses in Vegas by saying “at least I’m not sleeping with hookers and doing blow out there” and her response is “Why do you always try and justify you actions by comparing them to the worst possible alternative?”

Signs and symptoms of a putter which requires replacement may include:
- Dulled finish
- Face wear
- Poor scores
- Yips
- Pushed putts
- Mishits
- Player frustration

Expected life span of a putter can vary depending on breed and manufacturer. Average age at time of replacement is anywhere from 1 day to 30 years. There is no known cure for a failing putter.

Some players have found success and increased putter lifespan when the club fitting process has been employed prior to adoption.
You win the internet today ?

Putters, like all golf clubs, have 2 distinct life stages. The first usually commences at the store, pro shop or when borrowed from a buddy’s hands on the putting green. This stage can last for quite some time and even lead to grandiose delusions of a long and successful relationship. The second stage begins when you pay for the putter—immediately the death clock starts ticking and it becomes a matter of when, not if, the putter’s time has come and its useful life comes to an end. This latter stage is often shortened significantly by frequent glances or visits at golf ads, golf stores or pro shops.

Quick death, if you picked out new putter? Don't want to argue with wife?
Run said putter over in parking lot trying to get too tee time, new putter in club house.

Putters, like all golf clubs, have 2 distinct life stages. The first usually commences at the store, pro shop or when borrowed from a buddy’s hands on the putting green. This stage can last for quite some time and even lead to grandiose delusions of a long and successful relationship. The second stage begins when you pay for the putter—immediately the death clock starts ticking and it becomes a matter of when, not if, the putter’s time has come and its useful life comes to an end. This latter stage is often shortened significantly by frequent glances or visits at golf ads, golf stores or pro shops.

Now you got me wondering if after you buy the putter does it still have that new putter smell? ;)

Back