How long does it take to grow a beard?

I've tried a couple times but can't make it past 3-4 weeks. I want to scratch my face off starting about day 15.

About 4 weeks in is when the itching subsides. Give it another week or two next time. Just keep a brush handy to scratch it when needed.

I started one during Thanksgiving break. Kept it until just before Christmas. Too itchy for me.

I've tried a couple times but can't make it past 3-4 weeks. I want to scratch my face off starting about day 15.

^^^^^
What he said. :LOL:

How do you not grow a beard? I mean, it happens on it's own, right?. I gave in to nature a long time ago, to a degree. I mostly trim it. I can't even remember the last time I completely shaved, but I'd wager I was wearing a white collar for the occasion.

My advice would be to let it grow for a couple/few weeks, and then start trimming it so it has a chance to fill in and even up. After a couple/few months like that it should be about as full as it's going to get and you can decide if it's worth keeping and what length you'd ultimately like.

Last edited:
Well, in 55 now and it's starting to come in nicely. :LOL:

Last edited:
You talking for men or women?

Not long for me. I could probably shave mine off and have it back within a week.

The shape within a week and a half or two, then it’s just deal with the itch phase. That part is a bit brutal. Now it’s just trim as needed.

so far i cannot make it past 8ish days... blonde hair with a beard is tough to pull off... I will pass...

Takes me a few weeks. I have kept a very short beard over the last year. Gives me a little hair balance to the hair-challenged top of my head. My dad grows a beard in a couple of days. I always approach things like beards with humility. Enjoy and be proud of what god gave you. We’re all different.

Just shaved mine yesterday! I will keep you posted!

Been years since I grew a beard, but doesn't really take long at all. The nice thing about a beard is you can simply keep it trimmed and not as much daily shaving.

Back