how long does your high last after a PB?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
does it stick with you if you go back out and score poorly the next day? or does it immediately become one of those all too distant memories of when you were playing good golf? asking for a friend.

A long time. Next day score doesn't even matter. In fact, I know for certain that I don't play as well high, so there's the reason for the next day score. Problem solved, still stoked about the PB.

I’m still pretty happy with it, but mine was just two weeks ago...

I also have my handicap card with my personal best handicap 5.0.

Not long as it was a fluke round with 20 putts for 18 holes. First time breaking par lasted a few days though.

Honestly? Til I get to the car - or perhaps til I get home and tell my wife and she feigns interest.

I love good rounds, but the next day I'm always trying for better.

i didn’t care about it because it was a PB. I was seriously ecstatic because it was the first time I broke 80. That high lasted a long time.

I’ll hold on to it for a while. It’s a good reminder of what’s out there. For me I still have to make sure not to expect that score every round. Actually I prefer to not think about the score other than the hole I’m playing.

I know what it is, where I shot it and approx. when I shot it. Don't think that would qualify as a "high". I guess that would have lasted for about an hour after the last putt dropped on 18. When the next rouns starts, nothing that happened (good or bad) matters in the previous round(s).

Couple days. Still have the score card and memory. Always striving to beat it

Since there’s always another round just around the corner, not very long, because if I didn’t eff it up that round, I will the next :p

Until that next tee shot!

My PBs stick with me and are a big part of what I enjoy about the game. Every time I play I’m playing against my personal best which is why golf will always be challenging and interesting to me. Plus since I’m so bad at it there’s enough headroom to keep me in the hunt for PBs for the rest of my life.

Life is short. I say allow yourself some freaking joy when you can. It's not a job. It's a personal accomplishment. I'm picturing all you move-right-on-ers being congratulated and just brushing it off, and it's bumming me out. You guys must have been a riot when your first baby was born.

I have high and perhaps unrealistic expectations of my ability. My PB was a few weeks ago, and although it was fun I wanted more. It was a 75 with 2 double bogeys on a day where I didn’t feel like I played that well. So no high, more argh. Of course I have slipped back since then. Fighting tooth and nail to turn it back around. I think I get more high from the battle to achieve goals than reaching them. If I ever have a day where the full game comes together and I score well, I may sing a different song. 🙃

Until the next round, but always look back at it to remember that I do know how to play.

Four years later and I still look back fondly on mine because it was a landmark - it's the one and only time I've broken 80 so far. So even if it were to never happen again, I can say I broke 80 once in my life. If it wasn't such a landmark for me, it would probably have less lasting significance.

It lasted a while, man. Since it's been a year and I've only come within 5 strokes of it since, it's been more of a monkey on my back if I'm being honest.

I used to keep scorecards of my best scores, but got rid of them years ago. Nowadays a good score lasts only until the next round.

Back