How long has it been since your last eagle?

How long has it been since you made eagle?

• Total voters
Today! Chip in from green side rough. An eagle on the card helps the overall score so much. Happy dance :banana:

Yesterday, eagled the first

Got my first one today! I have had a few chances but never sank the putt! On my pitch shot up my ball hit the flagstick and dropped to about 2 feet!

Got my first one today! I have had a few chances but never sank the putt! On my pitch shot up my ball hit the flagstick and dropped to about 2 feet!
Congrats!!

Almost an eagle on a Par 5 today. I was about 10 yards short of the green in to and did like a pitch and run. It was tracking perfectly and then just broke to the right just a bit and stopped about 2-3 inches to the right of the cup!

Prior to that chance, it was about two years ago I think and that too was on a Par 5 but with a 35-40 yard pitch shot!

Par 4. Second shot to uphill green. I hit it well. Thought maybe it went over the green. Looked all over back of the green and didn't find it. Thought it had gone into the native rough. So I dropped one, chipped to a foot, and tapped in. And when I went to pick up the ball, lo and behold my original ball was in the cup.

Last summer came close last round but read it wrong

About 5 weeks ago I made eagle on a par 5. I'm not a bomber, so eagles happen occasionally and when they do it's on a par 5.

Saturday..... Chipped in for eagle from off the green of a par 5 in a 2 man BB tourney. Got a $72 skin for it too!!

Never on my own, have had a few chances just never could make it.

Well, I only went and did it again, two rounds in a row....

Skied a driver badly, absolutely smashed a 3w off the deck and then canned the 60 degree for a 3. That will see me out for the rest of my golfing career I would think.

Eagle 2.png

2 Eagles in 3 rounds now after 1 today

17 holes, 530 yard downhill par 5, Drive, 9 iron then chip in from just off the green.

Hit 2nd eagle of the year today. Hit a good drive downwind and a bit downhill, hit an 8 iron uphill to about 10 feet and made the putt.

Screenshot_20200704-161810.png

Last edited:
My last eagle was just over 11 hours ago. Hit a 5-iron into a par 5 that landed about 12' short right on the high side, one bounce, and rolled into the pin. Ended up just past for a tap in. I posted it in the best shot of the round thread. It caught me a little by surprise because I was working on something for a specific ball flight change on that shot and didn't expect it to turn out that well.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I couldn't wait to find this thread today so I could change my vote and tell the story.

It's no secret that my game has been in shambles the past few months. I've had some signs that it's coming back to life, but they've been few and far between sometimes. Anyway, on to the story.

I went out yesterday to play 18. My boy hasn't been playing as much since he started his first job so I've been playing alone more lately. I got paired up with a couple of guys who told me before we teed off on the first hole that they hadn't played much lately and it'd been months since they'd played regularly so they didn't expect to play well. They'd decided to scramble to make their game go faster. It didn't really matter though because the group in front of us was playing really slowly anyway.

So, after they sliced one and pulled the other, I stepped up to the tee. Now, mind you, I rarely start off hot and this opening hole is one of the toughest opening holes that I've played since I've been in OK. It's a par 5 that plays ~550y from the blues (where I was playing yesterday). In 22 tries previously, I had never birdied it and only made par 5 times. When I shot my 75 here last year (from the whites), I doubled it. Needless to say, par is a good score and a bogey isn't the end of the world for me.

So, I stepped up... and I crushed the ball. I got 318y out of it, somehow I drew it and it ended up on the right side of the fairway in this dogleg left hole. Now, I was looking at ~240y to the center of the green with a back pin. I had a little wind behind and the fairway slopes down toward the green from just inside 100y so I knew I'd get some good roll out of it. I pulled my trusty EFSZ 5wd and put a good swing on it. I got the flight I was looking for, maybe a tad lower than expected, but almost exactly what I had in mind and I figured it was good. My only concern was that it may have run through the green because I knew it was gonna come in pretty hot. Coming off the downslope. I pulled out my range finder and spotted it on the back of the green, almost pin high.

I had 15' for eagle and I've never been calmer. I guess I knew that even if I missed, I'd have a relatively easy birdie and I'd never even done that before on this hole. Nevermind, though, I buried it center cut. I'm certain this is my best eagle ever. Definitely the longest and probably the hardest hole I've ever eagled.

Thank you for sharing in the experience.

Back