How Long Have You Been Playing Without Making a Hole In One

Around 25 years and no hole in one.

One of the reasons is I hit the ball pretty high and don't get much roll. I had one last year where the divot was literally less than 6 inches in front of the cup and the ball ended up behind the divot. Sure there are other reasons, but that is the one I am going with. :)

My first ace came last week. 6 years, 352 days into my playing career.

Again congrats on the ace. It was your thread that led me to create this one, being that I have been playing a long time without making a hole in one.

30 years [mention]LoffKat [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had one in my 24 or so years of golf. I've had a few that were close and had once go in at a driving range but that doesn't count.

I don't qualify in this group, but thought I'd give some encouragement.

The first HIO I ever saw was a guy in his late 50's who looked like he had quite a few more miles on the odometer if you get my drift. We were trying to get the round in before dark. The light was already a problem. It was the 17th hole and the guy pulled out his 3W on a 165 yard hole. The ball never left the flag and rolled in for the first HIO of his life!

My first HIO came after playing about 18,500 holes of golf.

So there is hope for all of us!

19 years without a hole in one. Have come darn close twice, but never happened.

Bonus - I’m a 10 hdcp and have still never had an eagle in my 19 years of golf. Lipped out on a long eagle putt once, closest I’ve gotten. Have had a few chances but no dice.

Been playing ... 24 yeasrs.. I aced a par 3 in my 7-8th year, but I was working at a course at the time and that day I was skipping holes and playing all around during twilight. No scorecard, no witnesses (other than a passing cart guy). Does it count???

I've dropped an eagle on a par 4 from 150 out, and an albatross on a par 5 from 235y out. No other aces or hole outs though of significance ( I've had a few go in from within 100y)

I have been playing since 1974 with a short break in the 90's and have never had one. Very, very close many times but never dropped. One in on fly and popped out. Several rimmed the cup and stayed out or hit the pin and stayed out. I am running out of time and I am po'd.

Going on 30 years :confused:

Been playing since I was 23 - Now 72 so that's close to 50 years. Been very, very close but no cigar yet. Actually had one hit the flag today. Not the pin, the actual flag.

I started playing golf when I was 8 (I think). By that math its been 20 years.

However there was a decade I did not play at all. I'm going to say my clock restarted when I came back to golf about 3 years ago. That makes me feel better.
This is how I look at my time golfing.

58 years - and I honestly don't regret never getting one, and don't care if I ever do.
Its a great accomplishment for everyone who has gotten one.

Do you feel different today? Congratulations!

Do you feel different today? Congratulations!
Thanks for the congrats. No, I feel the same as before. I still believe that a HIO is a nice accomplishment, but it is 1% good shot, and 99% fortuitous bounce.
Congrats to all that have had one, and for those that haven't, don't lose hope!

Thanks for the congrats. No, I feel the same as before. I still believe that a HIO is a nice accomplishment, but it is 1% good shot, and 99% fortuitous bounce.
Congrats to all that have had one, and for those that haven't, don't lose hope!

48 years and counting. I haven't lost hope. :D

Man, its been 38 years. Never really thought about it in terms of time till now.
I've never been a great iron player, guess that's obvious.

30 years now....one day

30 years now....one day

My entire life :banghead: :cry:

Hasn't happened yet...

Since 1975
Hit a flagstick on the fly and on a hop though. Too bad it wasn’t a hand grenade lol

Back