How Long Was Your Round Today?

Is that a private

No. Public course and included a 10 min stop at the turn for bathroom + snacks. "Pace" on the course is 2 hrs/9 holes. You can only go as fast as the group in front anyway. So instead of playing "hurry up and wait" golf, I just adjust my pace so that it's deliberate with the pace of the course. Makes for less stress. I don't play on weekends. I play weekday PM.

Walked 18 as a foursome in 3:20. It was a chilly 40º for our 12:20 tee time so not many golfers on the course to slow us down. :)

Yesterdays round was 8 minutes shy of 6 hours. Was brutally painful and sucked the enjoyment out of the round. Was paired with two folks who insisted on playing the tips (7243) and were dreadfully slow. Talking 3-5 minutes over every shot…

Had we not drove an hour to play the course I would have quit at the turn…even said something to the ranger and asked him to push them 🤣🤣.

I think we were 4:30 or a hair longer yesterday in league. They had another big group out in front of us so we all were waiting a bit.

Just under 3:45 with a 10 minute turn. Had a couple foursomes ahead of us and they weren’t doing bad at all. The group behind us though - they were 1.5 holes behind by the third and then we never saw them again. Sooooooo glad we got out before them.

From last week…2:40 for 9 holes. A group 2 ahead of us was a hole and a half behind. One person in the group was allegedly giving on course instruction to others which made me think “if you are knowledgeable enough to (really) give a lesson how can you not know about pace of play?”

A normal round, pace wise, for me is 3.5 to 4 hours. I can do a 3 hour round easily also. 8-10 minutes per hole is my best effort when playing with others.

That said, I'm never concerned about how long a round takes. I just accept it for what it is. I never let others mess with my golf game. I never blame a poor score on anything but myself. Also, I never play on crowded weekends. I play Mondays through Fridays when fewer golfers are on the course.

To me the pace of play is never a problem. The problem comes from how individual golfers handle the pace. For those (like me) who can handle longer rounds, it's not a problem. Those who can't handle longer rounds, then there's the problem.

Slow play has been around forever, and it will continue be around in the far future. There's no cure for it. Not unless the game of golf is dramatically changed to prevent slow play. If that happens, then I don't think it's golf any more.

Also, it's kind of funny to me that two of the "hot buttons" in golf today are slow play, and growing the game. There's a slow play problem, so lets put more players on the course. Beginning, slower players at that. :banghead:

Back