How Long Was Your Round Today?

Played yesterday in about 4 hours at a private club. Normally this round would seem very long, but we had two older fellows who both shot in the 95-100 range. It was more about them moving slowly than anything else. No biggie, nice fellows and they were doing the best they can.

At my club, usually 4.30 to 5 hours as it's a public course.

Yesterday I played 9 holes walking in 1:15. I picked a time early in the morning right after the regulars.
I'm often the shortest golfer on the course making my pace surprising to someone that hasn't seen me play.
But, my drives put me in range of my approach shots and I know how to play bunkers.

I think we finished in 3 1/2 hrs. Would have been quicker but my playing partner probably lost 6 - 8 proV1's during the round. Lol

This thread will likely make me have the clock on us today now. Wife will be there throwing wrenches and smack talk at our rhythm. :LOL:

Past two rounds:
4:15 hrs - 11 am on Saturday
4:30 hrs - 2 pm on Friday

We played our club / league championship today. All stroke play singles. Played the blues from 6700 yards.

6 hours and 10 minutes.

Not kidding. Pins were in championship sunday positions and the league is a handicap league from low single digits to 30+ handicaps. It was a slaughter.
If that’s golf, count me out!

2hrs 30mins yesterday by myself walking, managed a 76 too 😊.

I only play on weekdays, and we are the first group out. My last round was Wednesday, and we were just under 2:30 for a threesome. That is kind of a typical time for us, a three, maybe a little slower. When we are joined by our 4th, it runs about 2:45. We don't rush, we just play fast.

My Men's Club weekly nine-holer, in a foursome, took ~1:50. We were the first group off and just played and kept playing.

3:38 with 3 different tees, a 28 shot scoring spread, and waiting on most holes.

Year end scramble only took 4h 20 mins and we ended up winning so I will take it.

Beautiful day but 3:27 felt painfully slow because we played as a walking twosome (our bad). Waited every hole except 11 and 12. Thankfully many are courteous around here and we played through groups on 2, 3, 5, 6, and 10. But still we often get around this course an hour quicker with four so pace seemed glacial.

Springfield Golf

5.76 mi
Distance
3:26:56
Time
1.7 mph
Avg Speed
86 ft
Total Ascent
Calories

Right around 2h for 9. Our other pair got the okay to play the front 9 again and headed off to avoid the groups that teed off half an hour earlier. My son and I ran into traffic on the back 9 and started practicing. Weather wasn’t going to cooperate so we headed in after the 13th. Got to my car in the pouring rain 3h9m after teeing off. Back 9 was on pace to turn a 4 hour round into a 5 hour round. And it wasn’t even busy.

4:0x yesterday! Far less then the summer 5 hour average. Fall is here and everyone is watching football!!!!

Played the front in 1:30.
Back in 2:30 😐

We played in 3:46 today but that isn’t normal, the Titans playing at home helped thin out the course.

4hrs 20 min and I was disgusted. I walked. Played with 1 couple who both golfer. They got up and hit the ball and were very pleasant. The 2nd couple had the dude play and his SO rode along with him. I don't know what they would have done if I didn't walk. Anyway this dude had a long preshot routine and took forever. No ready golf. Very frustrating but I got a lot of pictures of my push cart. 🤷‍♂️

Since I've retired, I prefer to go out early - within 45 minutes of sunrise. I often go as a single, bur whether there are one, two, or three of us, we average around 3:10, walking. And I have to look for my ball about once every other hole. If I go out at 11 or later, it's 4:15 minimum.

I have to confess, when I was working and my rounds were late in the day, outings, or weekends, I never understand why some complained about a 4:00 or 4:30 round. Now I do,

Back