How Long Was Your Round Today?

Walked 18 today it was a bit busy at the start total round was right at 4 hours.

It was pleasant until we got to 16. On pace for 4 hours.
Then very much not. As we caught the last of a tournament.

4:03 yesterday, behind a scramble outing.

5hrs but the company and course were good so i didn't mind.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
1:39

Saturday, 3:25.

Tournament on Saturday with a 4 hour pace. I was surprised we played that quickly since tournaments can be slower.

We played in 2:55 today. Our member guest this weekend was a different story. Practice round was 5:30. First day of 3 9 hole matches was 9:35. That’s right over 9 freaking hours! And the last day 2 nine hole matches was 5:25. I will never ever play in our member guest again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2:40 fun round today walk 18 solo

as a 5some, walking a 7300 yarder in extreme heat up hill in all directions with large distance between holes. We hit two balls on every tee, stopped for refresh showers and a big lunch at the turn and got done in 2hrs 57minutes while playing through several groups and waiting numerous times . It was frustrating as heck. how long it took.

I mean I dont even get why some of you even play golf.

Last edited:
3:05 walking as a foursome. We had a frost delay which left us with only a few twosomes in front of us so we had relaxing round on a perfect, calm, sunny fall day.

5:15 waited every shot every hole. wtf. Course was packed

Scramble - 3:48!!!!:p Next group came in 45 min later😲, last group came in at 5:20😲😲😲😲
So basically everyone else enjoyed their golf for longer than you did.
And you enjoyed waitng for them to all finish more than playing itself.

I had tee to handshakes at 3:27 and we screwed around a bit. It's hot here today, and there's college football.
3h30m today. Perfect pace IMO.
Long enough to read putts and practice swing when faced with a tough lie, and short enough to never wait on the group ahead or be rushed by the group behind.
Weekend skins game plays in 3:30 to 4:00 on average. Handicaps range between ÷4 to 18 and putt everything out. Played in 3:20 this morning as a foursome. Last Saturday played in 2:30 as a threesome which is about prefect if you ask me.

League nights average round is 2:15. Course is packed on League nights and people tend to take it to serious in my opinion.
Yesterday was 3:13 - foursome on the front nine, threesome on the back. We were directly behind the group in front of us the whole time and occasionally waiting on shots, so couldn't have played any faster.
We were the 3rd group off Friday morning as a threesome. The lead group did their job and played very quickly. Not so much the #2 group (foursome) that we followed. They were all over the place and we stood on the tee waiting on every hole. The only good thing was that they were quick on the green. Lots of gimme's and pick ups because of the mess the player made before getting to the green. They seemed to never even consider letting us play through even though there were 4+ open holes in front of them.

Now here is the kicker. We played in 3:40. It seemed like forever because we had to wait on the knuckleheads in front but in reality, they did move along at a decent pace. It was just a touch too slow for us trailing them. I am sure they said to themselves, "Hey, we are a fast group of players. We will play in under 4 hours. No need to consider letting anyone play through." I have heard other players voice the same opinion. If you are on or ahead of a 4 hour pace, no need to let people through. That doesn't seem right to me but that it how some people view it.
I think we finished in 3 1/2 hrs. Would have been quicker but my playing partner probably lost 6 - 8 proV1's during the round. Lol
about 3:10 walking. stopped for beers and a change of shoes at the turn as well which probably ate up 15 min
I only play on weekdays, and we are the first group out. My last round was Wednesday, and we were just under 2:30 for a threesome. That is kind of a typical time for us, a three, maybe a little slower. When we are joined by our 4th, it runs about 2:45. We don't rush, we just play fast.
3:38 with 3 different tees, a 28 shot scoring spread, and waiting on most holes.
Since I've retired, I prefer to go out early - within 45 minutes of sunrise. I often go as a single, bur whether there are one, two, or three of us, we average around 3:10, walking. And I have to look for my ball about once every other hole. If I go out at 11 or later, it's 4:15 minimum.

I have to confess, when I was working and my rounds were late in the day, outings, or weekends, I never understand why some complained about a 4:00 or 4:30 round. Now I do,
3:05 walking as a foursome. We had a frost delay which left us with only a few twosomes in front of us so we had relaxing round on a perfect, calm, sunny fall day.
To everyone......When does golf go from being an enjoyable leisure recreation where you can absorb your surroundings to being a chore-like obligation? I mean some these times makes me wonder why even be out there just to rush your golf away?

I can get for some of you its about the same course, the same group, the same good players, you have a system down etc,etc...but it still gets to be a point of being more chore-like than anything else. . You may be use to it but there is no way your out there without time being the 1st priority and even to the point of being more important than the golf itself. It imo becomes more like a machine just going through the motions or an obligation rather than truly enjoying the recreation and its environment.

Im if your out there playing 18 in 330 or less and certainly 3 hrs there is no way the golf isnt then becoming a bit chore like. It has to be a mindset such as....."lets go take care of business (or this obligation) and get outta here". I mean whats the sense.
With a 4some and be finished in 3 hrs. For me the golf is over way too quickly.

why even be out there just to rush your golf away?
Who says we "rush"? We exchange stories, tell jokes, talk politics and even look for lost balls longer than we should. We also have a lot of wildlife that we see on the course and stop to watch, and sometimes film, including coyotes, raccoons, skunks, deer, turtles, tarantulas and snakes. The course is also next to a large ranch, and we often stop to take pictures of the cows and donkey's if we see something special.

One of the guys stands over every iron shot "until he feels comfortable", tapping the club on the ground, behind the ball (we've counted) between 40 and 45 times. I am sure he is not "rushing". One guy only takes a practice swing occasionally. I've never found taking more than one makes any difference in my game. If I want to take a little more time to read a putt, I do so. We play "ready" golf, and know how to use the riding cart effectively when there are two of us to a cart. So "fast" doesn't always equate to "rushed".

To everyone......When does golf go from being an enjoyable leisure recreation where you can absorb your surroundings to being a chore-like obligation? I mean some these times makes me wonder why even be out there just to rush your golf away?

I can get for some of you its about the same course, the same group, the same good players, you have a system down etc,etc...but it still gets to be a point of being more chore-like than anything else. . You may be use to it but there is no way your out there without time being the 1st priority and even to the point of being more important than the golf itself. It imo becomes more like a machine just going through the motions or an obligation rather than truly enjoying the recreation and its environment.

Im if your out there playing 18 in 330 or less and certainly 3 hrs there is no way the golf isnt then becoming a bit chore like. It has to be a mindset such as....."lets go take care of business (or this obligation) and get outta here". I mean whats the sense.

Walking at my normal walking pace of 3.75mph it takes about 1:40 to walk my home course which averages about 6.3 miles of walking according to my Apple Watch. Yesterday we finished in 3:05(one in the foursome was riding) so that leaves about 90 minutes to hit golf shots. I don’t normally take more than about 15-20 seconds to send the ball once I’ve reached it and shots like 18” putts are much faster than that. If all shots took the same amount of time, our group would have had 17 seconds each to complete the roughly 320 shots for our foursomes round yesterday. All of us had second putts that took less than 10 seconds to complete, some of the tap ins take less than 5 seconds. We play ready golf so my shots often are hit within about 7-10 seconds of someone else’s shot especially approach shots and putts. We never feel rushed at a 3:10 pace. A 3:45 pace means waiting a lot for my normal group.

I only look at my watch when a) we're waiting on the group ahead, or b) the group ahead has opened up a gap, I feel less time pressure during a 3:10 round than I do during a 4:30+ round.

last round on sunday was 3.5 hrs threesome, teed off at 745. Waited a bit on back 9.

the Saturday tournament round was 5+ hours, awful.

Time is the opposite of my first priority. Does no one remember that thread I made a while back about people playing too fast? I might buzz through an evening round quick to beat the sunset or rush through some to catch up to the group if I'm late, but outside of that I refuse to play much faster than the times I mentioned. Because it's bad practice. That was the whole thing in that thread. Or series of threads. People said that slow pace affects their play, and their scoring. They generally score better moving quickly. But in no important things - any kind of tournament, destination course, Experience, or whatever, do you get to play at that pace, so why aren't you practicing at what you'll actually play at? The gist was that you're not actually getting better, you're just getting better at playing fast, which never actually matters and often makes you worse at playing more slowly. A PAT might be the only real thing you can actually move fast on, and guys really take advantage of that. Golf has a rhythm. If you play in 2:45 or whatever you develop a rhythm for that pace and playing well outside it is usually very disruptive. It just feels epically slow. AND people trying to play miles faster than the course pace disrupts everyone else out there but that's for a different thread.

I don't want to spend all day out there usually unless it's a great/new course. I'm busy. I generally refuse to play any faster than about that 3:30 I mentioned though, and will slow myself/us down to that if possible or needed. I'm not one to ride someone's bumper in traffic. I roll with the pace.

Walking at my normal walking pace of 3.75mph it takes about 1:40 to walk my home course which averages about 6.3 miles of walking according to my Apple Watch. Yesterday we finished in 3:05(one in the foursome was riding) so that leaves about 90 minutes to hit golf shots. I don’t normally take more than about 15-20 seconds to send the ball once I’ve reached it and shots like 18” putts are much faster than that. If all shots took the same amount of time, our group would have had 17 seconds each to complete the roughly 320 shots for our foursomes round yesterday. All of us had second putts that took less than 10 seconds to complete, some of the tap ins take less than 5 seconds. We play ready golf so my shots often are hit within about 7-10 seconds of someone else’s shot especially approach shots and putts. We never feel rushed at a 3:10 pace. A 3:45 pace means waiting a lot for my normal group.
I get the whole ready golf thing..

Going to my own ball even if 50 yrds up (on the other side) while someone else is hitting...hate it when i get there with club in hand and still the other player I left hasnt hit yet. I mean wtf.

Putting out of turn and being ready. Ill often putt while someone is walking up after thier lag putt (whom i know isnt going to finish out) and they look at me like i have two heads.

And maybe its possible ive yet to play with a group where all 4 players did these things like i do. Maybe it would actually be a 330 round i really dont know. But still...3hrs? its got to be like a fine choreographed sequence of events and almost joblike in nature yet has become a norm. IDK I mean like why the wanting to have your golf for the day be over with much faster? Just seems it gets a point where doesn't make so much sense anymore. But hey...whatever floats ones boat.

Gee why are rounds so long.

Be careful the video starts with some gross stuff.

Played behind a four some that has to be the slowest bunch ever, waiting on every shot. And they wouldn't let us play through.

Back