How many balls do you hit during a range session?

BogeyBear

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got back from one of my more miserable range sessions where no matter what I worked on it didn't go the way I wanted. I guess it's time to head to the pro again.

Anyway, I'm just curious, how many range balls do you guys/gals hit during a typical practice session. My local range sells balls in increments of 35. For me it seems like a small bucket is too few and a large bucket is too many. By the time I get to the 70th ball my swing is crap.

Maybe I'm just getting old! :)

You take your time? I get worn out when I'm flying through the balls..

I usually hit about 15-20 which club, and I go odds or evens.. W-8-6-4 woods/driver or W-9-7-5 woods/driver.

So I guess somewhere around 75-100

For me it really depends on what I am working on. When its my wedges, sometimes 200 balls. When its full swing stuff and I am working on technique? Probably less than 40. When its target practice, probably 50-70.

I get 2 lrg buckets which is 160 balls.

For me it really depends on what I am working on. When its my wedges, sometimes 200 balls. When its full swing stuff and I am working on technique? Probably less than 40. When its target practice, probably 50-70.
This sums me up as well. Today I was hitting pitches and short wedge shots and probably hit 100 balls. When I'm working on my full swing its never more than 4r5 balls.

70-160 depending on my physical well being lately. If I go with the large bucket and the body is not responding, I usually use the remainder at short target practice with the wedges.

1 Lrg bucket 75 balls if working on full swing.
2 Lrg buckets if working on full swing & wedges.. but I really have to pace myself.

Depends on the session. I usually will hit 30-40 balls after playing 18 if I feel that there was a particular club or shot that I was struggling with during the round. For a true practice session, I could hit 100-250 balls depending on which clubs or shots I am working on.

Usually I range anywhere from 35 to about 150. All depends on what I'm trying to accomplish

As little as 40, as high as 300 depending on how much time I have and what I'm working on.

No clue. If I'm working on something I can go through a pyramid. If I'm just practicing I try to keep the number under 50 with anything but wedges.

For me a warm up is a small bucket. Practice is min 70 max 200ish. When I do a long session I take a lot of breaks.

I go to my club range (shag your own) and hit 60 - 120 (usually 60), then the chipping green and hit about 100, then off to the putting green and putt about 100. Takes about 1 1/2- 2 hrs. I enjoy the range, too much maybe as I have trouble bring the shots and feelings to the course, but I really enoy it.

I'll add that for me it's also based on the range. My home course has an AWESOME 15 acre all grass range. I could practice all day at that place. If I am at a course with crappy mats on the range, then I might not even hit balls. I hate crappy mats.

Wow you guys hit too many balls. I was told when you are hitting that many you've gone beyond what's effective.

Wow you guys hit too many balls. I was told when you are hitting that many you've gone beyond what's effective.

There's effective and then there's sheer stubborness haha.

--
Tapatalk2

Sometimes I go nuts and hit 150 -200. Most of the time though, it is closer to 70.

I don't make it to the range very often since my course doesn't have one. When I go, I usually overdo it.

On media day, I think the only person who might have hit more balls than me was SethO. And I am not completely sure about that!

I get a medium bucket 70 balls and hit a few with every club going through my full pre shot routine and then a little more time trying to work on something specific.

I'm usually good for about 30-40 range balls , anymore than that and I'll hit all my good shots on the range and shank em' on the course.

If I get out 2-3 times a week, I can hit 2 large buckets. But, I have to work up to that. In the spring I may only go out 2 times a week and only hit one bucket. The more I swing, the more balls I can hit. By June or July I can easily go through 3 buckets a session, depending on what I need to work on.

I think I need to scale back. The last two range trips I've made started great. I made it through the first session with great (for me) results. The second trip I hit a wall and fell apart before the end. That fall apart swing stayed with me through my last round as well.

I think I found my way back tonight doing drills and hitting practice balls in the yard.

110 balls every time currently, or close to it (they say the Jumbo bucket has 110).

Back when I worked at a course, and the balls were free, I'd hit anywhere up to 1000 in a day, everyday. I'm joining a club next year and fully intend on spending hours and hours on the range quite often on the weekends, since I'll have unlimited range access again.

Back