How many balls do you hit during a range session?

Its underrated I think by some man! I'm never surprised by what my ball does when I go from the range to the course. Glad I had those old B330's lying around!

And knowing is half the battle!

You're at work on Saturday? Wtd is that?

You're at work on Saturday? Wtd is that?

I'm Tues-Sat my friend. It does leave me some am range time Thurs-Sat if I get done with the gym early. I'm THP'ing on the DL. Ha!

I'm Tues-Sat my friend. It does leave me some am range time Thurs-Sat if I get done with the gym early. I'm THP'ing on the DL. Ha!

SO is it limited staff on Saturday or something? Dude, we should take it to the banter thread.

I'm glad you're using your range sessions like we discussed. I think it creates more good habits and less bad ones.

SO is it limited staff on Saturday or something? Dude, we should take it to the banter thread.

I'm glad you're using your range sessions like we discussed. I think it creates more good habits and less bad ones.

Yeah good call man!

When I get time to go, it makes me a much better golfer and helps the times I can't. Its made me take less time hitting out of hte bucket and more focus on the short game. Which is the catalyst to a good scoring day for me.

If I am practicing wedges, 8 and 9 irons usually 150, if its woods, hybrids and driver 75.

I'm sold, I'm definitely going to scale back to a medium or small bucket and work more on quality vs quantity.

I'm sold, I'm definitely going to scale back to a medium or small bucket and work more on quality vs quantity.

It's amazing the kind of good you'll see in your overall game.

It's amazing the kind of good you'll see in your overall game.

I've been trying to convince myself to do it for a while, but everytime I get there and just end up asking for a large bucket.

I think I have enough logical reasons to overcome that urge now. It seems like this year I'm taking steps forward, then falling back. Overall I've seen improvement compared to where I started this year, but when I fall apart I slide back pretty far before I recover. I want to stop those backslides.

I've been trying to convince myself to do it for a while, but everytime I get there and just end up asking for a large bucket.

I think I have enough logical reasons to overcome that urge now. It seems like this year I'm taking steps forward, then falling back. Overall I've seen improvement compared to where I started this year, but when I fall apart I slide back pretty far before I recover. I want to stop those backslides.

Good on you for recognizing it man! You'll start to see a big difference. Range becomes more fun and cost effective :)

I usually do 100, 85 or so with the scoring wedges, 8 with long irons, and 7 with driver. My course has dedicated wedge practice area so use my own balls... I've spend hours on end at the wedge facility.

Yesterday, unfortunately, I hit 240, trying to work on technique and ended up screwing up my back. Had a massage last night and waiting for one now.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

I usually do 100, 85 or so with the scoring wedges, 8 with long irons, and 7 with driver. My course has dedicated wedge practice area so use my own balls... I've spend hours on end at the wedge facility.

Yesterday, unfortunately, I hit 240, trying to work on technique and ended up screwing up my back. Had a massage last night and waiting for one now.

Dan

Man! I hope you feel better after todays.

Man! I hope you feel better after todays.

Thanks man! Just got done. Feeling much better. Going again on Wednesday, hopefully will be in good enough shape for the oh/ky/in outing this weekend for me to bring it 100%

Dan

Great question. Since I'm a city guy, and not close neough to Scotts Valley, so all mats all the time for me. Normal day, 75-100. QUick day, 50. I'm feeling it, could be in the 200 range.

75 is my max on full swings. After about 50 I do start to fade hard. I usually just get a small with 45ish and hit just a few clubs.

i used to hit large bucket every time i went now i usually go medium and go through my routine every single time and really work on things instead of beating ball raking over another and bashing another one after another. this gives me ample break time and although it takes a much longer time on the range i feel like my practice time is much more well used.

100-200 full swing

If at my home course, I hit one small bucket of ~45. If going to the good range in the city I usually get a large (~100) bucket. I'll hit about 5 with a wedge, 8i, 5i, D, then either work on the issue I'm trying to correct or just jump around my set hitting each club only once in a row (to avoid the groove).

I get a medium bucket. Warm up with wedges hitting longer and longer shots. Then move on to irons and work my way up to long irons. The majority of my time I spend hitting the driver since it's the weakest part of my game, switching to an iron every so often. Then finish up with short wedges again but to specific targets. I find if I hit the driver for too long I start trying to hit it harder and harder and accomplish nothing.

When I get range balls at my course I usually get 4 or 5 large buckets and put them all in a bag that I keep in my car. (do this partly because I hate going up to the pro shop everytime I want to hit balls or warm up). I'll hit until I feel warm if I'm going out to play. How many I never know. Could be a lot more on some days I feel off or just enough to feel warm.

Tapaway!

Pops and I were just chatting about some of my old golf stories/accomplishments and he reminded me that when I was 19-20 and worked at a course (so I got free range balls) I used to hit balls
on the range until my hands bled.

Getting AutoCorrected on my iPhone with Tapatalk since 2012.

in the summer, usually 150 or less 3x a week mostly mid/short irons. in the winter, i have an unlimited range card for the heated range, i'll hit upwards of 300 or so 3x a week, hitting every club in the bag and lots of wedge work.

I have really started cutting down on the number of balls that I hit during a range session. I think the standard large range bucket is about 100-125, and I would typically get one or two depending on how much time I had. But, I started to realize that every range session had the same progression: (1) warm up, (2) hit solid shots, (3) lose feel for swing, (4) recover and (hopefully) finish on a strong note.

I realized that I would start to tire during the session, which would throw my swing off plane or off tempo. I now hit fewer full shots (maybe 50-70) and more pitches or knockdowns during a range session. I rarely hit more than 100 balls now, and I usually opt for a smaller bucket altogether (something in the 70-80 range). I find I get a lot more out of the practice session by hitting fewer balls.

For me it's about 5-10 balls per club. It all depends on what I'm trying to work on, or if I'm just warming up before a round.

Back