How many balls do you hit during a range session?

Around 100 for full swings and 60 on short game. Then I go out and play 18.

Anyways I practice less on competition days.

I think 1 bucket for me is like 35 balls. Thats all I do

If i am doing a range session only, i usually hit about 100-150 Balls.

When I am practicing for tournament play it isn't the number of balls I hit, it is the time. 1 hour tops. I go thru my routines and am practicing the complete enchilada
Searching for answers.... without being responsible to listening to the chaos in my head 100's of balls.
Seaching for answers..... with being responsible to listening to the chaos in my head. None. I call my coach or I go take a nap.

every single one of them

1 Large Bucket - and hit them like I was getting paid by the hour to hit them. No rush. Pull clubs and hit like I'm playing a hole - driver/3wood then a mid iron and a wedge, a hybrid then a short iron, go through about half a bucket. Focus on hitting it flush and fairly strait. If I hit a bunch of balls with one club it will likely be the 3 wood, 5 wood or hybrid, and will be followed with a bunch of mid and short irons. Then over to the short game/bunker and follow that with about 1/2 hour + putting. 'work on speed alignment and above all feel and rhythm.
I usually go mid week just to keep in tune and keep my feel with the putter. I never hit more than 1 bucket at a time either. You get sloppy as you get tired and bad things start to creep in so none of that.

i kinda use my range ball sessions as a workout. hit about 20 balls to get warmed up then i start swinging all out. i hit at least 200 balls a day witch is 4 buckets at my range i have a range ball membership lol. i play a lot of scrambles where all im needed for is a big drive so thats the only club i usually get out of the bag lol

What's range season lol? I usually just play when I can, I suck at ranges for some reason! But when I do practice I get the largest bucket-about 90-100 and my buddy and I hit the range

Usually I hit 1-2 buckets around 60-80 balls depending on when the last time I played or practiced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't subscribe to the tons of range balls thing - I usually try to hit 40 or 50 and then go practice short game. Plus every range ball I hit I go through my preshot routing, so it takes longer. Practice how you play.

I will hit more if I really have to drill something into my head though, but only about 100 tops.

If I can't get on the course I hit 60-80 on the range and then head to the practice green to work on my short game. I will hit more balls if I'm struggling and trying to work out the kinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I go to the range with an agenda I'll hit as many as I can until I see the ball do what I see in my head, sometimes it's 70 or 100, sometimes it's near 1000. I think it's different for everyone though, I love hitting shots at the range and going through the bag. Sometimes I'll just bring a 7 iron and wedge and hit 2 large buckets of nothing but knockdowns and try to do different things lol. I love this game and practicing it when I can.

I could be a range junkie give a chance, but usually I just guy a "large" bucket of balls and when I'm done with them, I'm done. This also depends on how I'm feeling that day with my swing. If it just feels like an unfolding lawn chair, I may pack it in pretty fast...around 30 balls. If I'm hitting well, then upwards around 70 is no problem. Ultimately, I'd like to hit 40 to 50 solid shots and go to the practice green for a while.

I have 4 objectives when I go to the range.

1. Exercise
2. Swing and ball control
3. chipping
4. Putting

I always start out chipping.... off the grass and out of sand. Usually for 30 minutes.
I then hit a couple of hundred balls, sometimes more.
I finish up, warming down with 30 minutes of putting.

Generally I go 3 times a week. Aside from that I have a hitting net at home and often hit 3 to 4 hundred balls a day. I love the exercise.

I don't really ever have a set number of balls, and have never really paid attention to how many I was hitting. I just go depending on the time I have. I like to get at least an hour in usually, and longer if I can.

Depends if it's a pre round range session or a practice session. If it's pre round maybe 30 or so. Start with ten 7i then give each of my 5i 8i pw and driver. If it's a practice round ill hit anywhere from 65-85 balls. Same order, just more balls for each club unless I'm working on something specific

30-50 balls unless testing then 70-100

30-50 balls unless testing then 70-100

When testing, do you try different things with the club? Or just put normal swings on every ball

Depends what type of practice I'm doing. Usually minimum of a large bucket which is about 80 swings. If I'm working on certain swings it can be a lot more. Especially if I'm practicing with the wedges. It's nothing to take 2 or 3 large buckets when practicing with the wedges.

I just got back from one of my more miserable range sessions where no matter what I worked on it didn't go the way I wanted. I guess it's time to head to the pro again.

Anyway, I'm just curious, how many range balls do you guys/gals hit during a typical practice session. My local range sells balls in increments of 35. For me it seems like a small bucket is too few and a large bucket is too many. By the time I get to the 70th ball my swing is crap.

Maybe I'm just getting old! :)

If I'm having a bad session, I'll just go find something else to work on, be it, putting, chipping, bunker, anything to get away from the bad stuff. If it's all bad, just leave. We're amateurs. Bad days happen. Better to go find something else to do and get your mind off of what just happened. Tomorrow is a new day.

When testing, do you try different things with the club? Or just put normal swings on every ball
Always try different things. I really try to put clubs through their paces during testing.

It varies depending in what I want to accomplish. But I almost never hit mote than 110ish - the large bucket at one of my ranges. Very often I'll hit a focused small bucket before or after doing short game practice at a different part of the practice area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back