How many balls do you hit during a range session?

Medium basket for me - around 70 balls. I focus mostly on alignment, posture, and tempo. I'll loosen up with PW (8 to 10 balls), then work up thru the bag hitting no more than 4 balls per club. Some days I pick clubs randomly as if I'm playing a hole too. Cool down mode with wedges (10 balls). I never rush anything. Then its off to the short-game area if I have enough time.
Fortunately my home course has grass range. Otherwise I'd probably practice much less b/c I can't stand mats.
I'm much less consistent at the range compared to playing rounds for some reason so I try not to get too annoyed if I'm having a bad practice.

Depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. Wedges and short irons I'm usually practicing distance and direction, so I'm really trying to take my time and get my alignment and desired shot shape right, so I can do an hour and maybe take 50 or 60 cuts. Middle to long irons I'm usually going for distance moreso than direction, so I want to develop a good swing flow, so that same 50 or 60 swings might only take twenty minutes. Finally the driver or fairway woods, I'll probably only do 10 or 15 swings before I either call it good or go back to something else for a few swings and then come back to the big stick.

But all told, I try to stay under an hour and no more than 100 balls. Then hit the practice green.

I find myself usually going with a large 70 ball bucket. Lately I do half the bucket wedges then go to driver/3w for 15-20 balls then hit long irons till I feel grooved and then I finish envisioning whatever the first few holes on the next round will be. I love the range for so many reasons. I think about practice like I think about my last round this time of year with the weather going to crap. Always practice with a purpose they say.

Usually a large bucket or a little more if I go to the range with my wife. She usually doesn't hit the whole large bucket. I have a routine but I definitely go to fast. I think my impatience on the course follows me to the range :)

Usually hit a large bucket (Between 70-90 balls depending on if it's happy hour or not!) when working on specifics. Take my time over that though and go for quality strikes at the different greens available to aim at.

Sometimes if I've got time I'll get an extra small bucket and just hit driver/woods too.

Also I'll occasionally do the course thing and pretend I'm playing a round, short chips n all...

If it's right before a round, usually only 15 or so. If it's a dedicated practice session, I'll hit 'em until my back starts getting fatigued (which seems to be sooner and sooner these days). Could be anywhere between 80 and 200 balls.

I normally don't hit that many, probably 30 to 40 at the most. The reason is I spend time simulating on course shots. I hope to avoid building bad habits on the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually its a medium bucket, which is like 75 balls, then I will work on putting. When I have time, it's a large bucket, around 110 balls. Any more than that and I start to get sloppy. I'll do the same as mentioned above, start with a wedge and work my way up, then back down to the wedge. I know a lot of you hate mats, but I find that if I'm striking the ball well, thats good enough for me! Plus the grass area at my local range can be undulating and chewed to crap. I want to be a better ball striker and get the ball to my target before I start messing with shot shaping again.

Always a Large bucket, but half of it goes to wedges of varying distances.

Back