How many Balls do you need for an Entire Year???

I don't think I'll be needing any for this year.
I've no confidence that we'll be playing.

Normally I start a round with a new ball, but as they start to pile up, I stop doing that towards the middle part of the season.
If we have a season, it will be starting in the middle.

Probably average 1 ball per 3 rounds so about 7 dozen. This year will obviously require less since I haven't been able to play in 3.5 weeks with no end in site.

Less than the amount I have accumulated.

One.

Probably 4 dozen. I could find enough to fill in the gaps. I play 4 or 5 days a week.

Probably about 6 or 7 dozen. I believe at this point Ive bought about 5 dozen balls for the year and probably have 4 dozen of that left still. I'll probably buy another 3 dozen by the end of the year and that should get me through.

Before this virus thing hit, I was looking at playing 80-100 rounds this year.

My guess is I would need 9, or 10 dozen balls to get.me through a normal year's worth of play. I don't lose many balls anymore..

This year it looks like 5, maybe 6 dozen will be enough. 60-70 rounds...if that many. Since January 1, I have playes 10, or 12 rounds so far this year. .

I have not played any real golf since mid/late February. 7 weeks is about 14+ rounds I have missed out on playing.

Rare for me to lose one on some courses and hard for me not to lose a few at other tracks. I usually play 100-125 rounds a year and probably average about 1.5 lost/damaged balls per so that would be around 14 dozen. :(

I play 2-3 times a week on average. Probably somewhere around 9-12 dozen per year, depending on how many bad days I have.

If I didn’t replace shag bag balls with the balls I am playing and similar things, I could probably get away with 3 dozen balls a year, playing 65 or 70 rounds. I have played two rounds with the same ball and it still looks fine.

If I only played on my home course, I could probably get by with a dozen or 2, it's rare I would lose a ball there as there's not much trouble and if I played found balls, I wouldn't need to buy any ;). But those I either give to junior golf or use as chipping/pitching practice balls since the range balls are all rocks

I probably get in about 80-100 full rounds and another 30-40 "18" from 9 holes or just going out and getting a few in before dark. I'm not losing as many but I have been noticing more scuff from my wedges lately as I've be hitting them really crisp. I'm guessing I'll go through about 12 dozen this year. I could make it less but I have started preferring to use new balls during competitive rounds vs. using a slightly scuffed up ball to start.

Last few rounds, I've been good with 1-2 a round... IF, and that is a ginormous IF, it stays like that and estimating 60 rounds a year 120... But I think 200 keeps us in the black :facepalm:

Back